Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

is Dechambeau the future of golf?   Golf talk

Started Jul-8 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 2163 views.
Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jul-8

Not everybody who is big and strong hits it far, but today's players are more fit on average than in the past.      

The added strength has added length for DeChambeau, without issues, possibly due to his mechanical swing.    
A wiry guy that relies on timing, might mess up his swing by bulking up.   

I agree that he should try standard length SW's.   

He is using some Rebar iron shaft, that is said not to flex.  

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-8

Yeah...his shafts are I think Prototype one offs for him and they are called REBAR.

Can you imagine the size of your balls needed to swing a golf shaft named "rebar" ?

NineMileSkid

Jul-8

I believe the size and weight of balls are strictly defined by the ruled of golf. So I  hope the steroids don't shrink his.

One of his missed fairways was a green side bunker on a 400 yd par 4.

Faldo recommended he go to steel in his wedges for better distance control. I also think he should have a more conventional length lob wedge to provide more options around the greens.

Hopefully he hasn't been hanging out with Barry Bonds.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-8

I think that is a given about Bonds.  You don’t build 25 pounds like that in a short period of time without some chemical assistance.

Burat (DocFreddie)

Jul-9

What I want to know is: is it now a fairer fight between him and Koepka (and I don't mean golf!)?

hookdeloft

Jul-12

Ian at TXG thinks the longer short iron shafts are decreasing his spin angle because they require a flatter swing.  That, in turn, decreases the amount of spin he can generate.  It does seem he misses a lot of greens long.  I'm not really looking forward to watching a tournament full of guys hitting 350 to 400 yard drives and then chipping a lob wedge onto the green on the vast majority of par 4s.  And that is where we're headed in the next 10 or 15 years. Watching one guy do it is interesting.  Watching the whole field do it would be beyond boring.

Morikawa may be the future stud. The dude can stiff it like Tiger with his irons. Leads in eagles without being a bomber. Great short game and good putter. Mental toughness like Tiger.
Stoneded

Jul-13

The kid is very impressive. That first playoff hole was a classic.  Took some large cajones to drop that putt on top of Thomas'.