About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 87735 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

10/13/19

How is life treating you ? 

Meredith (GettinFree)

10/13/19

Brilliant timing, Brenda. Left to my own devices, I would've conveniently forgotten to check in at all today because I smoked last night -- just one of my herbals of course, but still. 

No, of course it wasn't worth it. I did it because -- well of course really because of the brain patterns, but justified it with wanting to cough up a bit more gunk, since all coughing stopped pretty much the second I stopped inhaling burning plants. I was disappointed because I really thought I could/was going to get rid of some of the mucus caking my lungs. So I tried the mullein and coltsfoot as a tea, and no coughing. So I smoked it, and still nothing, and I did something silly and it was all for naught except having a clogged nose this morning...which so doesn't count. ;p

Ovivi

10/13/19

Doing pretty well, how about you?

Every few days I get a little sad, but mostly I’m just so happy  to have found the way to being smoke free. I’m so grateful you and so many others who inspire all of us to keep going!! I hope you are doing well, Brenda?

lindnog

10/13/19

Hi Brenda, 

thanks for checking in on me, I’m having a good weekend thanks. I’ve been really busy, shopping, dog walking & housework jobs. 
On Saturday me & my husband decided to go out for a meal, which was lovely. We came home afterwards to drop the car off and then walked into our village for a few drinks. We didn’t get home until after midnight lol

Today I’ve been busy collecting orders, I’m an Avon representative. Although it’s been pouring down all day me and Reggie have been out for a long walk. I’ve been baking, a corned beef, potato and onion pie for tea, it’s in the oven now!

I hope you are having a good weekend xxx

Linda

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/13/19

I always smoked more in winter. So we are coming into summer..lots of rain and no smokes.......

Viv

Brenda (1sept19)

10/14/19

Okay, so you smoked an herbal.  How are things going for you now? Stay with us, it was an oops.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/14/19

I think the sadness is normal right now.  I have moments or days of that myself. Then I will get happier and be so glad that I am still not smoking.  I try to remember that I had really down days when I smoked also, because I felt I couldn't quit or just a down day. I guess all we can do is try to stay as positive as possible and not let the low days get us down.  Maybe try doing something really nice for yourself or just cry and let all the icky stuff out.  Some days I just put myself on ignore.  Hope we both have more happy days than sad. relieved

Meredith (GettinFree)

10/14/19

Totally. Just an oops. I sure as heck don't want to go through the last six weeks ever again!

Which is why I haven't gotten rid of the herbal-cig safety blanket, and why dangsure I'll be taking them with me on vacation in December...them and my fancy blessed acrylic nails so I can hang on in month 3. :)

Again, thank you so much for checking in with me <3

Brenda (1sept19)

10/14/19

Sounds like your weekend was lovely.  I am doing well, today is a good day. blush The weekend was quiet, but was beautiful Fall weather.  Spent a lot of time outdoors and putzing in the yard.  And of course, Misty helped.wink All in all a good weekend.  Didn't smoke and for that I am grateful.

Brenda (1sept19)

10/14/19

Meredith (GettinFree) said:

Totally. Just an oops. I sure as heck don't want to go through the last six weeks ever again!

You and me both, Meredith.  Glad all is good .