Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Got another game accidentally and cannot proceed in game   Technical Issues

Started Apr-15 by Moostracker; 1541 views.
Moostracker

Apr-15

Hi there,

I have read a bit about other people suddenly getting other gamers' profile. I received a friend request from +MAD a few weeks ago. Before I even opened the request folder in the game, I noticed that my name had switched from Moostracker to +MAD.

I realized that somehow the +MAD profile was copied over mine. I went from level 39 to 98! Neither Big Fish nor Elephant games could / would help. My biggest concern was that the games were switched and +MAD had lost all the items and somehow switched with mine. I had way less. Fortunately, from what I read in this forum, this does not seem to be so. I would have preferred to level up on my own and enjoy the journey but there you go.

Now I went on playing and proceeded to level 99 (I was fortunate to find a site where you could follow the stories of the characters because I was wondering about the changes ). But I cannot go on with the tasks. The game requires me to craft "melancholy medallion" but it remains locked along with other craft items.

I emailed Big Fish games again but since they could not help me the first time round I doubt there will be any help. I also tried to update the game. I do not dare to reinstalll for fear I will loose the game entirely and have to start anew.

Does anyone know what to do?

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I'm surprised that neither Big Fish or Elephant Games are willing to help. I know of another player that this happened to so I'm including her in this reply so that she can give you her experience and advice.

CC to LvlSlgr
Moostracker

Apr-18

Thanks so much for your reply, Tammy27. Now that I know this error has happened before I am more confident that this issue can be solved. As a result, I sent another message to BFG. It seems they are really busy at the moment. Maybe I was not clear enough with my request. Usually I know the Big Fish Game support as outstanding.  As for Elephant Games, they are not native speakers and neither am I. When 2 non native speakers with different backgrounds communicate in a 3rd language, that tends to be a little confusing at times. In a nutshell, I think both BFG and Elephant Games are willing to help, it might be a communication problem.

You're welcome, happy to help.

LvlSlgr

Apr-18

Hi Moostracker -

The same thing happened to my game about two years ago. The main difference was that the other person was at the same level as me, but she had a lot less inventory, achievements accomplished, avatars, pets, etc.

Big Fish should be able to change your level back to the level you were at if that's what you want them to do. I'm guessing you probably have a lot more inventory now so just take it. They can change the amount of coins, diamonds, shards, and any inventory, pets, etc. As far as achievements, they can't do anything with those from what I understand. You will probably have to stay on them to get this accomplished, but don't give up.

And the other player - their game should still be intact and they're not even aware that anything happened. 

Also, it's a good idea to backup your game every so often. I started doing that weekly after that glitch. I'm not certain if I would have been able to restore if I'd had a backup, but it doesn't hurt to have one. It came in handy at the beginning of the year when I got a new laptop because I didn't have to go through BF and wait days to get my game restored to the new laptop. 

Good luck!

mdpetdoc

Apr-18

On March 27, +MAD posted in another forum that she had received a friend request from +MAD ***757. She clearly didn't invite herself and this is not her game ID. She's aware of a problem, saw this post and asked that someone who is a member of the forum reply. I believe her game is OK.

CC to LvlSlgr
Moostracker

Apr-19

Thanks so much to both of you for your valuable answers.

LVLSlgr, thanks for the tip to stay on them. I guess I gave up to soon but will stay on now. Elephant Games told me they could not restore my level so I made my peace with that although I would have liked to take the MC journey myself. After all, MC is about going the way, not reaching the end. I comforted myself by thinking they'll add other levels eventually.  It just is aggravating that I cannot proceed.

mdpetdoc, thanks so much for your answer! It is such a relieve to read that +MADs profile is OK! Her name was copied to my game as well (so +MAD***757 is me) and I kept it for a few days to make her alert I had her game. I was so worried our games had accidentally switched. Being on a much lower level I had way less inventory, achievments and avatars! I thought if I keep her name, she at least knew who has all her stuff and she could tell BFG or EG her "switching" partner". I even did not play the game for 2 weeks for fear I invade her game, before I realized it was a copy, not a switch. Boy, I am so glad she is OK!

You all stay safe and thanks to the 3 of you for taking the time to help! I really appreciate it.

So in your first post you mentioned that you played to level 99 but couldn't go any further. The last update brought players to level 106. I would wait to see what Big Fish or Elephant Games have to say before seeing about trying to update your game.

Robert (amf368)

Apr-19

You can always create and second user on your device and start a new game under it. I have two PC games and four Android games, If you want the fun of leveling up yourself.

Moostracker

Apr-25

First I need to apologize for my late response. For several reasons I am not able to write regularly.

Tammy27, I could not go any further because I had the task to craft an item (Melancholy Medallion).  And I could not craft the item because it is locked. Big Fish support sent me one of those items. 

However, the items are still locked, as you can see in the picture. I guess it will be a problem in the future. I am still working on solving the issue with BFG support. But for now I can go on in the game.

Thanks, Robert for your hint about creating another game. Maybe I will do in the future. MC is my way to wind down in the evenings if I am not too tired to play. But often I am. (Talking about gettin older kissing_smiling_eyes) So one game is enough for me relaxed.

You all have a great day and stay safe!