Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do we need universal childcare?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started May-10 by Showtalk; 1660 views.
Showtalk
Host

May-13

Our debt can’t be covered with tax increases anymore.

Showtalk
Host

May-13

They also find that their positions can bring them unheard of wealth.  If that isn’t true, why do they go to DC with modest incomes or investments and leave ridiculously well off? 

Showtalk
Host

May-13

That is very complex. Are any of those paid positions? Did you like the job? The closest we have to that are HOAs, but that affects only a small percentage of homes. We also have Neighborhood Watch, but only for safety.

Showtalk
Host

May-13

Governments always want to take over education. 

Showtalk
Host

May-13

That sounds rude.  He knows a lot and has made assumptions based on your posts.  Also, Libertarian here is a political party where he is talking about an ideology. 

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

May-13

WALTER784 said:

ROFLMAO... then you don't understand me in the least! Which only goes to show how little you really know.

Touched a nerve huh? I see you're a sensitive soul.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

May-13

I wouldn't say that at all, States rights are way more important vs the Federal Government than our split jurisdictions and powers here.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

May-13

I'm not sure what's better, Now granted I'm not a parent so my stake in he education argument is based purely on wanting a society of educated people; personally I think Government *can* be part of the solution, but ideologies cloud so much of that judgement, but just to give a local example, I know so many graduated students who achieved degrees in human rights disciplines and work dead end jobs to this day, or can't increase their earning potential, very recently our Provincial Government switched tacts and is trying to switch away from humanities into disciplines that will generate employment post convocation, which I agree with.

Showtalk
Host

May-13

Alright.  Your set up is new to me.

Showtalk
Host

May-13

Sciences, engineering and tech jobs tend to pay more than general liberal arts/humanities, if someone uses their majors in their careers.  ROI or return in investment with a degree is higher if someone utilizes what they’ve learned in school. Of not, generalized critical thinking skills can translate into money but school isn’t necessary to learn that.