About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 47729 views.

Thanks Jenn.  I know I am a winner.  And I will quit again.  I believe I'm going to try again tomorrow.  

xo

Alex

ModJenn (blakwolf013)

11/9/15

(((((Alex))))) ~ You have bucket loads of support...and you're stuck with me keeping an eye on you...if that's okay. I'm not sure if you have had a chance to do this yet. In the first post of this thread are links to articles that really, really helped me. I read them more than once and each time I would find something new that applied to what I was feeling at the time. Even though I wasn't "technically" new I still found strength in reading them and the ones that link to them.

Baby steps. Take it one minute and hour at a time if you have to. Drink ice water through a straw. Do jumping jacks. Post, post, post. You can and will do this :-)

Hugs and love, Jenn

slowblumer

11/9/15

Hi Alex,

I've heard that that average smoker makes several attempts until it finally takes.  I know it will take for you when you decide it will.   Just never give up trying cause many people  here make it after they tried several times.  It sounds like you have a lot of negative thoughts going on right now and I hope you can work  through it.  A positive attitude is so important for us and to let go of the rest for our own sake.  Hope to see you here often.

youdi

11/10/15

Hey Alex, we are patiently waiting for you... While smoking just try to analyze how you could have avoided lighting up, so that we can learn from this and be prepared the next time...

In the initial days of my quit and during icky 3's when I used to get uncontrollable urge to smoke, I followed the rule of  posting your exact thoughts of smoking in the forum and wait for three replies before lighting up....it always worked for me, by the time I read the 3rd reply , I was back in control of things... I don't know if you did that. If you didn't, in your next quit attempt, try doing that when you get an uncontrollable urge to smoke...

All the best!!! You can do it!! We all can do this together!!!  

In reply toRe: msg 41

I'm posting here, but I am unsure of this quit. My chest hurts and I am coughing a lot, but I still don't WANT to quit, but I know I should quit. To be quite honest, I'm in a heap of self-pity that seems to be never ending. I feel better for a bit and then go back to a sad spot. I've talked to my doc. Perhaps postpartum. We'll see how things go...just posting for today. Haven't smoked in several hours, but just unsure of how I'll feel tomorrow morning. Oh well, I know its all part of the journey. xo

youdi

11/17/15

Hi Alex,  how are you feeling today?

Hey Youdi, I'm feeling encouraged today.  So far, I have not smoked a cigarette.  I read some of the article that ModAndrea sent and then dove a little deeper into the quit smoking toolbox.  I know that I don't want to smoke.  I was buying into the junkie thinking.  What a mess.  I allowed that resentment towards my aunt to throw me way off.  Now I feel like I'm back on solid ground.  I want to keep this quit.  I'm a little over 24 hrs in.  We'll see.  I know I just have this moment, but I'll take it.  I need to be here for my baby girl.  I want to help her go prom dress shopping and be there for her wedding and hopefully her children.  Thank you so much for checking on me.  I really appreciate your support.  xo

youdi

11/17/15

Great going Alex thumbsup,  think of keeping yourself away from smoking just for one day at a time, play with baby, sleep early , eat candies, watch movies, do anything to keep yourself away from having a puff...

Yay!  I just ate some multi grain chips.  They were crunchy and delicious.  :)

youdi

11/18/15

Nice :) .... how are you doing today??