Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

When Dad hacks a closed McDonald's   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started May-30 by WALTER784; 385 views.
Showtalk
Host

Jun-2

Their son was probably thinking Why is dad so excited about a fake McDonalds? I want to go out for my birthday!

Where did they get the food containers? Those looked real.

WALTER784

Jun-2

Showtalk said...

Where did they get the food containers? Those looked real.

I thought about that myself. If the guy was a real McDonald's employee, he would have had a real hat and shirt, but he used yellow tape on a blue hat and blue shirt so the chances of him being an employee are slim to none.

As for where he got the food containers... hmmmm... if they go to McDonald's regularly, they may have some old food containers still laying around the house or perhaps he got a friend from McDonald's to get him the containers even though the store was closed.

I guess you would have to ask him to find out for sure.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-3

It’s possible they saved the containers.  They had frozen nuggets and fries, which means they must eat that at home already.

WALTER784

Jun-3

Well, I just checked our paper recyclable bin and discovered two McDonald's paper bags which we recycle with our newspapers, magazines, cardboard boxes and other paper materials.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-3

You eat at McDonalds.  

WALTER784

Jun-3

Occasionally.

I like their Sausage Egg Muffin with hot coffee on Saturday mornings.

And occasionally (once or maybe twice a month), have a hamburger with fries for lunch.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-5

I haven’t been to one in years but I read once that they have the best coffee, even better than Starbucks. Second best was 7-11.  Who knew?

WALTER784

Jun-6

Showtalk said...

I read once that they have the best coffee, even better than Starbucks. Second best was 7-11.  Who knew?

May 1, 2001... McDonald's Opens First McCafe in U.S. - https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/mcdonalds-opens-first-mccafe-us

They've been selling coffee at  their McCafe shops inside of their restaurants. Not all restaurants have a McCafe, but those that do have a McCafe counter, they have all kinds of coffee you can order.

You can read about their success and see pictures inside of their McCafe counters here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCaf%C3%A9

And yes... their coffee is quite good! Even their regular coffee.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-6

I haven’t tried that, but I might sometime.  Their prices are better,too.  I went to a coffee hangout and didn’t realize how much things cost because their pricing menu is confusing.  $8 for a regular sized flavored coffee.  I won’t make that mistake again.