About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is everyone from?   General Chit-Chat

Started 8/26/19 by Jan2185; 5521 views.
Jan2185

8/31/19

Thanks for you for the info... will certainly check it out :)

Glad you enjoyed your walk, such a lovely day for it :) - have a great afternoon

xx sunflower

Brenda (1sept19)

8/31/19

I agree Lind, I think you have to get past the old thinking of giving up smokes, woe is me, and instead say, " Great, I am getting rid of those terrible, sickening and dreadful sticks of death.  Aren't I lucky ?"  Going to try hard to keep a positive attitude.relaxed

lindnog

8/31/19

Yes that’s what we need to do :-). I do find that once I’ve finished a job, be it shopping or tidying up, or whatever I would always “reward” myself with a cancerstick treat!! Where as today I have been shopping and bought healthy food and fruit to snack on. I’m back at work on Monday after having 6 weeks summer holidays off, there are no let 2 smokers at work, but I wanted to make sure I had a good few days between me stopping and going g back to work,  as I know one of my smoking friends would try and talk me into coming outside to smoke with them. I feel so much more positive and confident in myself and know that I’m happy to say no thanks I’ve stopped smoking.

In reply toRe: msg 27
MichaelaOana

9/4/19

I may be the only one who is not from America, UK or Australia. I am from Romania and I must say I love this forum. I feel calm here because no one judge me.

nhquitter

9/4/19

New Hampshire USA

Chris free since 12/1/2012

In reply toRe: msg 29

I'm from Toronto Ontario Canada. Coming up to my 6th year smoke free and kicking my own butt at the gym now. 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Ssoshwifty22

9/4/19

Wow that's so cheap. California is at $9.75-$10.35 for name brand and maybe you can find some off brands for like $8.00. That's exactly part of the reason why I quit and it will only get higher from here. That's why I remind myself the next cigarette I smoke is worth $10,000, because that's how much I would end up spending if I fail now! Might help someone to see it that way!

I'm near Denver, CO, US

In reply toRe: msg 33
CindiS319

9/6/19

I am from Northeastern Ohio.  I also read Alan Carr's book and agree with what everyone said on here.  He had some good points.  I read it about a month after I already quit.  I also used Chantix for the first 4 months.  I also read EVERY article someone posted and watched every video I could.  I wanted to keep myself ANGRY at the tobacco companies and marketing and at myself for wasting money and hurting my body for 40 years.  Did that on a regular basis to keep myself motivated to stay quit.  My husband still smokes and now I rarely even thing about it.  His smoking just basically annoys me.  And most importantly, I stayed close to this forum and my Feb/March 2018 quit buddies (who are all still here).  Actually there's 3 of us that quit the same day and are still here.  Those of you still going through the hard times, just keep taking it day by day.  You can do this!

• Edited September 6, 2019 1:41 pm  by  CindiS319