Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.
100181 messages in 201 discussions
Latest Apr-20 by KatieKat84
40615 messages in 3333 discussions
46962 messages in 982 discussions
14314 messages in 753 discussions
2386 messages in 200 discussions
3882 messages in 266 discussions
77 messages in 18 discussions
255 messages in 33 discussions
1066 messages in 65 discussions
150 messages in 74 discussions
9485 messages in 126 discussions
80 messages in 6 discussions
56972 messages in 14 discussions
136 messages in 125 discussions
Forum Navigation Basics
1. Take a look to the left at the DISCUSSIONS section to the left of this page
Unread to me (messages to you waiting to be read).
2. Click on the drop down menu on your profile picture/avatar at the top right of the page. Review the content of each one.
3. Please familiarize your self with the Help button contents
This is where you can browse Delphi FAQs for general information, or post a question in one of the Support Forums, where Delphi staff, volunteers, and knowledgeable members are happy to lend a hand. You will also find "How To" guides that are fully illustrated tutorials that show you exactly how things work on Delphi forums
4. When you click on a folder heading like "Quit Buddies Unite' to read or post, the gray drop down menu under the DISCUSSIONS section changes to "Single folder". Once you've finish what you're doing in that folder to see all the folder headings again, click on the gray drop down menu under DISCUSSIONS and click on ALL which will bring up all the folder titles.
5. Education about our addiction and the cessation process is a major component of a successful permanent quit. Take a look at the articles in the link below they were written especially for new ex-smokers.
Homework For New Ex-Smokers
There are 3 levels of membership at Delphi forums - DelphiBasic (free), DelphiExtra ($19.95 per year) and DelphiPlus ($4.95 per month). Only the two paid tiers (DelphiExtra and DelphiPlus) allow you to carry a signature field that you can customize with graphics. The two paid subscriptions also allow you to browse forums ad-free.
You can take a look at a comparison chart of the plans here:
Please feel free ask any question and to join in any discussion on the forum that interests you.
6. Familiarize yourself with the other folders in the Forum Navigation and Rules Category. They will help you with more information on finding your way around the forum.
How to Post a Message:
There are two ways to post messages: Replying to a message in an existing discussion or starting a new discussion.
Replying to a Message
You can reply to a message someone else has posted by clicking the reply button on the post you are reading. It contains a white left facing arrow and the word Reply located at the bottom right of the post. You can also reply using all or selected text from the post. To do this:
Addressing Your Reply:
Your message will automatically be addressed to the person who wrote the post you're replying to. If you want your message to go to someone else instead, or to ALL members in the thread, click in the field next to the "TO" at the top left of your edit screen. You can choose ALL or a member from the drop down list by typing in the member's ID. Their name should pop up on the list.
Starting a New Discussion:
You can start a new thread by:
How to Send a SOS Request for HELP!
If you at anytime need cessation support you can start a new discussion in either the "Introductions/Newcomers Nook" or "Quit Support" folders. See instructions above for Starting a Discussion.
Note: You can find the new topic area from any place on the forum by scrolling all the way to the top of the page.
How to Bookmark a Thread
To to bookmark a message:
To find your bookmarked messages
How to Follow a Discussion
Want to know if someone posted in your buddy group? Get email notifications on any specific discussion you wish to follow.
Doesn’t seem like a year ago that I started here. To all of you just starting, the journey is so worth the freedom!
Congratulations Turtles......Happy 1 year! Amazing!
Do you often think about it? How much money have you saved? Any thoughts/ pointers you would like to share with the newbies?
You have a beautiful key. The freedom is real.
I assume at least two thousand dollars saved...only think about it while on this site but funny that thought popped up several times this week, assume it was last receptors shutting down. I drank a lot of flavored ice chip water, sugarfree mints and candies...did gain 15 lbs which I’m now working on losing..good trade in my opinion. Had a list of sayings and quotes I got from here and would read them through cravings.
It is doable, and worth it.