About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Just Don't Know??   Quit Support

Started 1/13/20 by 3Blackhorses; 824 views.
Belinda2019

1/18/20

Hey 3Blackhorses - it certainly does make you feel less alone, doesn’t it? I’m like you, getting counselling and have just started EMDR - did you know it can be used to help with addiction issues too? I haven’t yet asked my therapist about it as I’ve only had 1 session of EMDR so far and am initially working on childhood trauma, but I’m thinking that my third session I might look at this addiction if it’s still an issue. My next session is on Tuesday and we’ve already ‘mapped’ for it....

I’m so glad you’re back on the ‘horse’ so to speak....I hope you’ve been having a better time xx

Belinda2019

1/18/20

Hi Jem - I’m Australian, and I really dislike the American system of healthcare :( I’m so sorry it’s hard for you to access the services you need. I think you’re amazing in the amount of hurdles you’ve overcome to get to this point in your quit. Tell that anxiety voice to shut up (that stupid nagging gets in my head too!) and get lost. You are worthwhile, brave and strong!!