Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This is really sad...   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started 11/22/21 by WALTER784; 641 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

Mask mandates are not unconstitutional as this information shows.  OSHA is working on a final rule which will affect almost everyone but for rght now mask mandates are inplace for federal workers, etc, and in various states as shown here.

https://www.littler.com/publication-press/publication/facing-your-face-mask-duties-list-statewide-orders

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

For different reasons, not for a virus like this,  it’s not really a vaccine it’s a shot.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

You're nitpicking words.  Measles is a VIRAL disease, vaccine for it is a shot.  Chickenpox, rubella, mumps, shingles.  All virus, all vaccines and all admonistered by a needle injecting  the vaccine into the body...commonly called a shot!  DH just got his shingles s.h.o.t.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/10/08/states-have-mandated-vaccinations-since-long-before-covid-19/

Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

Definition of vaccine

1a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease: such as
aan antigenic preparation of a typically inactivated or attenuated (see 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

But we’ve already ageeed those types of vaccines prevent infection where covid does not.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

Flu vaccine doesnt, nor does shingles.  I read sometime ago that there is rising suspicions that if tested, we may find that some previously thought lifetime protection vaccines are not lifetime vaccines.  Measles is one of them I think! But don't quote me on that as Im probably wrong.   

Showtalk
Host

11/23/21

They last longer than 6 months.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/23/21

Does flu vaccine?  I've never had one.  

Showtalk
Host

11/24/21

Flu shots aren’t vaccines. They target the most likely strains to hit each year.  People who get them every year tend to have less flu and they aren’t quite sure why, because immunities are supposed to last only through that season.  However, they seem to give some more lasting protection.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/24/21

You need to tell the CDC that.

What is a flu vaccine?

Influenza (flu) vaccines (often called “flu shots”) are vaccines that protect against the four influenza viruses that research indicates most common during the upcoming season. Most flu vaccines are “flu shots” given with a needle, usually in the arm, but there also is also a nasal spray flu vaccine.