About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quitting vs Stopping   General Chit-Chat

Started Jan-10 by turtles; 492 views.
turtles

Jan-10

I pop into the forum every so often to remind myself that I’m only one cigarette away from smoking again. I quit April 1, 2019 and had the mindset then of quitting forever not just stopping. I very rarely even think of them these days and truly it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself though the hardest. When I quit I hated them and used that to help stay away. That first 103 days still bring back feelings of angst. Then 104 went to 200 and it was so easy by then.  Hang in there, if you really really want to quit for good.

gkim

Jan-10

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope I can get there too. I still don’t have that “hate” for it yet but I do hate what I know it has done to my health. Thx!

StruggleHard

Jan-14

Congrats on almost 2 years!  So glad to hear it's easy for you now.  I'm at Day 108 and today I feel I have regressed so much in how badly I want to smoke.  I won't, but it's hard.  Good to know I'm not the only one who didn't feel it was easy even after a few months.

turtles

Jan-14

Any day now you will have a day where all of a sudden you realize you hadn’t thought about a cigarette for awhile.  The resurgence of thinking about it comes when the last receptors are shutting down..good for you, you’re starving them out!! Hang in there, it gets wonderful!

gkim

Jan-14

Mornings are the hardest for me but it’s incredibly that I actually had a couple of mornings that I did not think about it. Later in the day I realized and said “wow!” 71 days today. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
turtles

Jan-14

I found it came in waves,  difficult days then a string of great, think it has to do with those same receptors..and at some point it was just gone.

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Congratulations!! And thank you for the encouragement! I really needed the reminder that its all synapses and they will stop firing together given time! I really appreciate you sharing that!