About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SOS, I appreciate your support.   Quit Support

Started Mar-5 by LillySmith1; 303 views.
LillySmith1

Mar-5

I joined this amazing group of people in May of 2019. After several attempts at being smoke/nicotine free I thankfully can say that in one week it will be 18 months since I quit. I have read so many of your posts, amazing quit stories, and everything in between, the grief and the joys and although I have not participated more, I have thought many warm and caring thoughts towards so many of you. I have many bookmarked posts and refer back to them.                                                                                                        

I need support please.  After many doctors these last 2 years, experiencing several symptoms, bed bound for a portion of time, finally received some answers through a functional medicine doctor. Challenging road to recovery and one of the main symptoms has been extreme brain fog, and struggling to find words when talking, as this post has taken me awhile to write. I also am convinced that my brain may still be healing from the past nicotine addiction and with so many new triggers happening currently, my home needs major repairs, still unable to work full time, and in general the state of things, I have been STRONGLY for the first serious time wanting to smoke. I am thankful for any encouragement from you, thank you

Anne2020

Mar-5

I know how you feel.  Today especially - neighbours all in a huff, boss in a bigger huff, colleagues being rather rude - bills, taxes, you name it, my life sucks all the way around.  The only thing I have goin for me is that I quit smoking 14 months ago.  Well there it is eh.  At least I have that going for me. 

When I think about lighting up and smoking I think why the hell would I want to add to woes. 

It was so hard to get here - 14 months - and now I want to mess it up.  It won't change anything accept take away the one thing I do have going for me in my favour.  Well I am not going to give in !! I tell ya I won't give in.

Yup - I may be a looser in every other way but hey - I QUIT SMOKIN - yes I did.

Cheers man and hang in there, this day shall also pass.

• Edited March 5, 2021 3:58 pm  by  Anne2020
gkim

Mar-5

Lilly, if you don’t mind can you share what your symptoms were and if the doctors were able to diagnose you. I’m experiencing some memory issues and wondering if I should seek a neurologist. I’m sorry to hear about our troubles. Smoking will only add to the problems. Don’t do it!

KatieKat84

Mar-5

Lilly, congratulations on your fantastic quit! Please protect it, it’s so hard won and precious. The urge to smoke is just an old brain pathway telling you this will help in times of stress - it’s nonsense! Tell old nic where to go.

I’m sorry to hear of your health issues recently and hope things will improve soon. 

Smoking will make things so much worse. You’re on the countdown to the 2 year club - keep going!

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017