About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Monday 19th April 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-19 by Jatchat; 667 views.
oxanquits

Apr-19

Chris, pledging nope with you, amazing how you’re managing this quit. I pledge nope today too.

Anthony, was your quit getting worse after operation? I hope you recover both physically and mentally very soon. pray Maybe come here in the time of struggle, it might be easier.

• Edited April 19, 2021 10:26 am  by  oxanquits
blackbird912

Apr-19

Thanks Oksana!  The way for me to manage is to not smoke.  Haha!  It’s the only way!!    I am not allowing myself to trick myself into smoking.  At least not today!!

Loreficent

Apr-19

Got your hand with this Anthony with a NOPE from me. Haven’t seen one of your lovely pics for a while...? 
Hope your doing well.

Jatchat

Apr-19

In answer to your questions, I get the cigarette off my wife who smokes, yes I am under a lot of stress at the moment, with pain in my hip, I have upped the concentration of NRT and together with my quit mindset and forum support defeat this addiction

Jatchat

Apr-19

Thank you Oxan sounds good.

Jatchat

Apr-19

Thanks Lori, Will endeavour to oblige

blackbird912

Apr-19

Thanks Anthony for answering my questions.  I can only imagine that having a spouse who is smoking would be tough.  I know it would be for me!!!!   We have a guy who comes periodically to do small odd jobs for us and he smokes no filter Camels.  Thus far (and I kid you not) almost every time he has come over to do work in the last couple years, I end up bumming one thinking I can handle just one.  Hahahahahahah!!!  NOT!  I might do good for a day or 2 but then I will end up going out and buying my own pack.   This next time I will do everything in my power to not let that happen.  He isn’t s scheduled to do any work for us for at least another couple weeks.  I will let ya know how that goes.  
I have stopped and started so many times.  I don’t think there’s anyone who has quit as many times as I have.  At least that’s how I feel.  I am past the one week mark this time around with my new recovery so there is hope.  My problem is that I get comfortable and then my brain plays tricks.  I am hoping that by staying with this group I will be able to turn away next time a cigarette passes my way.  I am so thankful to have this group.  Already I have had so much support. 

My hat goes off to you Anthony!   I will keep rooting for you and anybody else who comes to the daily NOPE Pledge.  I know you can beat this addiction because there are so many people who have.  Also because you aren’t giving up!!!!  If you reach out to someone here instead of a cigarette maybe it will be in time & enough to get you through that weak moment.  
I keep coming here and my writing this to you has gotten me through a craving.  So now ya know what I am doing.  I come here and write something to get me through it.  I wonder how many others do the same.  

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!!  I am not religious but i do want to say, “God’s Speed!”

KatieKat84

Apr-19

Hey Anthony,

Just wanted to say hi and sorry the hip is sore. Hope it settles soon.

Well done for sticking with the NOPE pledge.

All best,

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017

overdoze

Apr-21

I pledge not to smoke today Wednesday the 21, didnt see a pledge for today...

oxanquits

Apr-21

I pledge NOPE today too.