Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Gun shows in neighboring states lead to jump in gun deaths   Culture & Society

Started Oct-24 by DigYourGig; 1174 views.
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Oct-25

True, they even have illegal liquor sales in states with spirits sold only in state owned stores.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Oct-25

Yep, he's probably referring to that one project. And as you pointed out, he'll conveniently "forget" the Bush set that up.

Still, I suspect the NRA's permission and help are a whole lot more cause for guns wandering into Mexico.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Oct-26

Pelican Chuck (swamprat007) said:

Operation Fast & Furious -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

Hmmm... odd that you ignored Operation Wide Receiver on that same web page, under Bush's administration, 2006-2008.

So you're claiming that guns being moved into Mexico before, during and after both of those programs are all with the help and permission of the ATF? Hypocritical twit.

I didn't ignore it. And yes, the ATF allowed straw purchases to occur knowing the weapons were headed across the border to Mexican cartels.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Oct-27

Not nice to lie, little boy. You named Operation Fast and Furious, ignored Operation Wide Receiver.

And yes, the ATF allowed straw purchases to occur knowing the weapons were headed across the border to Mexican cartels.

Yes, during both of those operations. My comment to you was that you're saying the ATF allowed the straw purchases before and after those two programs also. Hypocritical twit, you said guns go to Mexico with the help and permission of the ATF, meaning that happens now.

Sorry -- would you have felt better if I said Project GunRunner which encompasses both of the operations.

Either way, the ATF forced FFLs to sell thousands of guns knowing the sales were illegal and instead of arresting the illegal purchasers, they allowed the guns to be sent across the border where they have no jurisdiction and were not working with the Mexican authorities. 

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Oct-30

My point, since you're being intentionally obtuse, is that you're a hypocrite (as if everyone didn't already know that) by listing ONLY the ATF weapons program that ran during Obama's administration and ignoring the one under Bush's administration. IOKIARDI

Knotpicky (RUTA) said...

IOKIARDI

Really? You want to compare the two operations? During "Wide Receiver" (under Bush), the ATF had formal contracts with the FFLs and contacted the Mexican authorities. During "Fast & Furious" (under Obama), there were no contracts with the FFLs and the Mexican authorities were never contacted/informed. 

Either way, my point stands. The ATF allowed guns to be illegally trafficked to Mexico. 

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Oct-30

Either way, my point stands. The ATF allowed guns to be illegally trafficked to Mexico.

Wrong again. Only during those 2 programs, of about 2 years each, did the ATF allow guns to be illegally trafficked to Mexico. As I pointed out to you, and looks like I have to repeat myself over and over as if talking to a 3-year-old, in the years before, between and after those 2 programs the ATF did not allow illegal trafficking.