Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Gun deaths on the rise again   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started Nov-5 by DigYourGig; 1059 views.

I have. It's called enforcing the current laws. The enforcement rate dropped 40% under Obama. 

What "military-grade weaponry" are you talking about?

How about enforcing the law?

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-22

You're making claims with no evidence, no citations.

MSurkont

Nov-22

How could any president stop the enforcement of local laws?  You really come up with strange ideas.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-22

Simple! Everything bad is Obama's fault, according to RWNJs like the swamprat. No facts needed.

Easy -- he tells his AG to stop prosecuting the federal gun laws.

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-22

I know how to research, little child. It's about YOU doing your OWN research when you make claims.

Grow up and stop acting like a bratty boy, son.

By the way, Jeff Sessions' claim about what he's doing is disputed.

Oh, and then there's this, which you neglected to read:

The information service’s research supports Ayotte, and Heaphy’s numbers, showing 80,191 applications denied, along with 44 active prosecutions.

But, these numbers are based on 2010 data, not 2012, as Ayotte and Heaphy claimed, and reflect only a portion of the total national figures, according to Ronald Frandsen, grants administrator for the information service.

The 80,191 figure, reported in a February study titled "Background Checks for Firearm Transfers, 2010," includes only those applications denied by state and local permitting agencies, Frandsen said.

Under the federal Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993, gun shop owners and other licensed authorities in many states -- 21 to be exact, including New Hampshire -- conduct at least a portion of the background checks themselves through the FBI’s background check system.

So Ayotte -- and you -- are being disengenuous.

• Edited November 22, 2017 2:33 pm  by  DigYourGig
MSurkont

Nov-22

And you know that how?  You're not another liar, are you?

DigYourGig said...

It's about YOU doing your OWN research when you make claims.

I do my research before making a claim. If you dispute it, then research it yourself.

DigYourGig said...

which you neglected to read:

I guess you didn't read far enough

That ratio is not nearly as dramatic as Ayotte suggested, but her larger point remains valid: the majority of failed background checks do not lead to criminal charges or prosecutions. With this in mind, we rate her claim Mostly True.