Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

It's easier to get a gun than a puppy   Culture & Society

Started Nov-7 by DigYourGig; 489 views.
RGoss99

Nov-8

But he bought his guns legally, because the USAF had to failed to report an event that would have made the sale ilegal.

The gun lobby says, gun laws don´t work. Of course they don´t if they are not enforced.

EdGlaze

Nov-16

A passport, driver's license, and a divorce are legal proceedings and should be more difficult than getting a gun.

I disagree with a couple of the others:

Puppies and kitties can be bought from individuals with only an exchange of money and sometimes they are even free with few or no questions asked.

Cold medicine can be bought over the counter with no identification and at much cheaper prices.

Hector442

Nov-16

If you had your way guns would be sold at every street corner.  Death excites you.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-16

EdGlaze said:

A passport, driver's license, and a divorce are legal proceedings and should be more difficult than getting a gun.

Why? Why should those NON-lethal actions be more difficult than getting a killing machine, a LETHAL gun?

You are a fool. You celebrate death.

Have you ever bought a gun? How would you know if it's easier?

I've found it easier to get everything on your list than it is to purchase a gun

EdGlaze

Nov-16

Why? Why should those NON-lethal actions be more difficult than getting a killing machine, a LETHAL gun?

Are you deliberately ignoring the legalities of identification and verification of legal proceedings dealing with passports, driver's license, and divorces?

Maybe you would rather people print out their passports and driver's license from a fill-in-the-blank PDF online with no government involvement… or get a divorce by posting a notice in the local paper's classifieds?

Maybe we should allow 16-year-olds to take a class and then be able to buy and use a gun as they do with their driver's license and remember that even children can get passports.

Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, guns have many uses besides killing and almost all gunowners will never kill anyone.

Photobucket

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-16

Strawman argument, idiot. A gun is a lethal weapon, or you may call it a lethal tool. The other listed acts are not lethal. YOU want people to be able to kill others with less effort than to get a driver's license. You are some piece of work.... or something.

Buzz off, I'm done with you on this topic, fool.

I've bought a gun.  I had to go through a more rigorous background check to get my nursing license.  I had to show more ID to get my bloody library card.  It took me longer to get my cats than it did to get my gun.  

Something is seriously wrong with this picture if it's easier to get a gun than it is to get a marriage license.  

Seriously Ed?   Honestly, if I were you, I would be concerned that Karma is going to bite you in the ass.