Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trump gets schooled by Time   Politics

Started Nov-24 by DigYourGig; 303 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Nov-24

President Trump said Friday that he turned down being named Time's "Person of the Year" after the magazine only told him he "probably" would be selected.

He tweeted:

Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

And Time promptly tweeted back:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/361750-trump-i-turned-down-person-of-the-year-honor-over-photo-shoot

In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

Nov-24

Time Inc.'s chief content officer, Alan Murray, later said the President's tweet didn't have "a speck of truth."
"Amazing. Not a speck of truth here—Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year," Murray tweeted, along with an article about the incident.
Hector442

Nov-25

The instant I read Trump's tweet I knew he was lying.  His detachment from reality begs for the 25th Amendment.

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-25

Here's the real reason Trump is obsessed with Time covers:

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-25

Impressive! I haven't read the articles, but I assume all are positive. And Obama didn't need a fake cover, either. Yep, definitely would grate on the little Trumpie. lol

Hector442

Nov-25

Here's another explanation for Trump's lunacy regarding Time.  To get on all those Time covers, Obama had to be president for 8 years.  Subconsciously, Trump knows he probably won't complete his first term.  Therefore, he can't compete with Obama.  Therefore, to explain Obama's getting on more covers than he will, he has to pretend he was offered the cover but turned it down.

• Edited November 25, 2017 3:06 pm  by  Hector442
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-26

Being Time's Man/Woman of the Year is not always an honor, Adolph Hitler and Stalin made it as well as other nefarious individuals who had a major impact on the year.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-26

Time runs whoever is in the news for that issue, man of the year is only each year, it would have been possible for Obama to be on more than 40 covers if he was really in it to win it.

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-26

President Obama was more concerned with doing his job than what magazine covers he got on. Unlike the current occupant.

Hector442

Nov-27

Why are you evading the salient issue?  The salient issue isn't about Time Magazine.  The salient issue is that Trump is a lying sack of shit.