MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by Meta (DigYourGig)|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The continuing adventures of responsible gun owners   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started Dec-24 by Meta (DigYourGig); 548 views.
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

Dec-24

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Dec-24

Wouldn't that qualify for a ticket for reckless driving?

6686L

Dec-27

What is YOUR analysis - how do YOU propose we reduce or eliminate firearms abuse ?  Can you propose some solutions directed at this particular issue ?

In reply toRe: msg 3
Knotpicky (RUTA)

Dec-27

Read back through earlier posts. Your question has been answered multiple times. Been there, done that, not gonna do it again.

6686L

Dec-27

You are SOOO obvious - of course YOU and your friends can bring up the same situations over and over and over again....but questions about the logic, the thinking, what we can learn.....nope...only allowed from YOUR point of view.   The very definition of the totalitarian mind.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

Dec-27

You seem offended when anyone speaks an opinion that disagrees with yours. You constantly whine when someone says something different from what you believe. 

Can you explain why you believe no one here should express an opinion differing from yours?

You will probably answer that you're just expressing your own opinion.

But that's what everyone else is doing here, too.

But you complain about it nonstop. Why do you complain so much and accuse people of being totalitarian JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T SHARE YOUR VIEWS? Can you explain that?

Gods, what a whining snowflake you are. Look, people are going to express opinions that aren't the same as yours. Deal with it and stop crying about it.

6686L

Dec-27

Let's try it again. I see we have a new "thread" about firearms abuse.  Obviously, there is such a thing. What do YOU have to add to the discussion besides your personal hostility.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

Dec-27

I have no more personal hostility for you than you have for everyone here who doesn't agree with you.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Knotpicky (RUTA)

Dec-28

Listen up, little twit. If you had bothered to go back to the older posts, instead of resorting to personal attacks, you would have seen that I agreed with you that it might be a good idea to put semi-automatic weapons under the ATF the same as fully automatic weapons. The same background checks, that take two months and can take up to two years. The same regulations for manufacturing, same background checks and fees and licensing for each weapon.

I had posted a link to the manufacture regulations. Did you bother to read it? You certainly didn't reply or discuss it. And now you just have temper tantrums. Idiot.

6686L

Dec-29

What a charming person you must be, to be around.  I don't think I am a "little twit" - nor do I think I am stupid, just because I agree with you - with this qualification.  I am a believer in "user fees" - so a vastly expanded ATF could be financed by fees from people like me who have several firearms.

I personally have no interest nor use for fully auto weapons  (all of my weapons except for a "reproduction" of a pirate-type single shot pistol and the "reproduction" of a "black poweder civil war revolver) .  I am not aware that it presently takes two months to get "cleared" by ATF to take possession of any of the weapons over which it has jurisdiction.    I suspect that time delay ( assuming you are correct) could be reduced substantially with proper staffing and funding.

While you and I are in agreement that REAL gun control would combine a national health service (which would include access to mental health services) combined with national / ATF jurisdiction over ALL firearms)   I don't hold much hope.  Too many special interest groups with substantial power in Congress have over and over and over again confirmed they do not want it.   All one has to do is study our big city political "machines" and see how they benefit from the status quo,  to come to the conclusion what we both believe would dramatically reduce violence with firearms,  is just a pipe-dream.