MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

We're murdering migrant children   News

Started Dec-29 by DigYourGig; 716 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Dec-29

Border agents took antibiotics away from a mother and sick baby and detained them in a freezing cell called an icebox. When she asked for help, agents called her an “invader” who “wasn’t in a position to be asking for anything.” After 5 days, the baby had pneumonia.

If Trump suggested concentration/extermination camps for brown people, would Republicans even put up a fight? I doubt it.

No one should ever wonder how a cultured nation such as Germany could have descended into such barbarism as when they tried to exterminate Jews. "Cultured" men had no qualms about shooting men, women, and children and herding them into gas chambers. It was because they were taught that Jews were "vermin," "disease-ridden," much like the way Trump tells his followers to feel about immigrants.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Dec-29

Valid comparison. The world, including the US, has prosecuted Nazi guards at concentrations camps for crimes against humanity. Maybe it's time now to prosecute the guards and employees who have mistreated detainees.

I think Trump is indeed making these detention centers into concentration camps. The "icebox" cells are a form of torture.

DigYourGig
Host

Dec-30

He and his white nationalist followers use the same language about immigrants that Hitler and the German Nazis used about Jews.

6686L

Dec-30

I don't understand this "immigration crisis".   In all of central, and most of south America,  people of the latin culture and who speak Spainish control things.   Wouldn't all these children be safer if their parents took them to one of those countries for their future ?   Isn't it grotesquely racist of the parents to believe that the ONLY place in the western hemisphere where their children have any chance of a hopeful future,  is where people of northern European descent still run things ?

In reply toRe: msg 4
DigYourGig
Host

Dec-30

You echo white nationalist dogma and talking points so well. It's obvious what websites you visit to get your opinions.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Knotpicky (RUTA)

Dec-30

6686L said:

In all of central, and most of south America, people of the latin culture and who speak Spainish control things. Wouldn't all these children be safer if their parents took them to one of those countries for their future ?

Try reading factual news, child.

6686L

Dec-30

You are right - I have no proof that the latin culture; the Spainish language, is predominate in Central and South America.

All the social discord, poverty, violence down there must be caused by old white men from Des Moines, Iowa with their guns.

6686L

Dec-30

I don't understand - what 'factual news" would help me better understand why the folks who migrated up thru Mexico don't want to stay there ?

In reply toRe: msg 7
DigYourGig
Host

Dec-30

6686L said:

You are right - I have no proof that the latin culture; the Spainish language, is predominate in Central and South America.

Dishonest straw man. No one here has ever claimed otherwise.

Your insistence on resorting to these immature straw men shows that you know you have no real argument and, as you admitted, are here just to play games, not to actually discuss anything important.

Sparks500

Dec-30

Just call him Ivan. He’s obviously a troll farm member.