MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by Meta (DigYourGig)|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Empire star says he was beaten   Entertainment & Media

Started 1/29/19 by Meta (DigYourGig); 861 views.
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

1/29/19

'EMPIRE' STAR JUSSIE SMOLLETT VICTIM OF HOMOPHOBIC ATTACK By MAGA Supporters

"Empire" star Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked by 2 men who beat him up, put his head in a noose and screamed, "This is MAGA country."

Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We're told when he walked out, someone yelled, "Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?" 

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country." 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/29/empire-star-jussie-smollett-attacked-hospitalized-homophobic-hate-crime/

Knotpicky (RUTA)

1/29/19

MAGA hat wearers are violent sociopaths. I hope the cops find those two and throw the book at them, charge them with every crime that fits. Including a hate crime charge. This kind of behavior is Nazi brownshirts.

Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

1/29/19

Nazi brownshirts is right. It's not a surprise that some many neo-fascists are attracted to Trump's message.

Hector442

1/29/19

I have to agree with Alyssa Milano that red MAGA hats are the new white hoods.

I avoid people who wear those stupid MAGA hats like the plague.  Even the ones who aren't violent are too stupid to be reasoned with.

In reply toRe: msg 3
6686L

1/29/19

No question about it - anyone who wears a 'politically incorrect" hat should be instantly declared an "enemy of the state",  and dealt with by sending the individual to a "rehabilitation/re-education" camp....!

In reply toRe: msg 5
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

1/29/19

6686L is not able to bring himself to condemn the attack, he can only defend the attackers.

Mort15

1/29/19

Think he owns a hat for each day of the week?

6686L

1/29/19

wrong - I have repeatedly stated that I stand oppose to any kind of violence absent some grotesque "self-defense" situation where there is no other alternative.  That is why I am so opposed to these nutty "castle doctrine" laws in some states.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Hector442

1/30/19

"No question about it - anyone who wears a 'politically incorrect" hat should be instantly declared an "enemy of the state","

There you go again with your stupid straw man arguments, 3rd rate sarcasm and passive aggression.

Are you too stupid to perceive that this thread is about people who've committed violent hate crimes, not people who wear "politically incorrect" hats?

Your lame defense of violent hate crimes proves you're a Trumper.  If you spent 1/4 of the time you spend defending violent racists & homophobes criticizing Trump, I might give you the benefit of the doubt.  But the ratio is more like 1/20.

You're a racist with no credibility.  Your pretense otherwise is as obvious as your concern trolling.  If you have nothing better to do with your time, you're truly pitiful.

Patrick Rock (PFR291)

1/30/19

Mort15 said...

Think he owns a hat for each day of the week?

Possibly, though at least one or two of tinfoil . . .