MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by Meta (DigYourGig)|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TO WALL OR NOT TO WALL   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started 2/2/19 by 6686L; 442 views.
6686L

2/2/19

Am I missing something  and/or demonstrating my poor grasp of computer communication ?   I don't see any discussion in here about the issue of  physical border barriers. …….. anyone ?

In reply toRe: msg 1
Mort15

2/2/19

Are you sealioning us again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility.[1][2][3] It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate."[4] The troll pretends ignorance and feigns politeness, so that if the target is provoked into making an angry response, the troll can then act as the aggrieved party.[5][6] Sealioning can be performed by a single troll or by multiple ones acting in concert.[7] The technique of sealioning has been compared to the Gish gallop and metaphorically described as a denial-of-service attack targeted at human being

In reply toRe: msg 2
48mirage

2/2/19

Learned something new here today.  How did the term originate?

Mort15

2/2/19

I happened to see the term used in a different forum and googled it. It was new to me, but I realized it was the exact definition to our poster.

From the same source I referenced in my previous post...

The term originated with a 2014 strip of the webcomic Wondermark, where a character expresses a dislike of sea lions and a sea lion intrudes to repeatedly ask the character to explain.[8] "Sea lion" was quickly verbed, the term gained popularity as a way to describe online trolling, and it was used to describe some of the behavior of supporters of the Gamergate controversy

In reply toRe: msg 4
Knotpicky (RUTA)

2/2/19

Thank you! I didn't know that term either, and you're right it's the exact definition of that poster.

In reply toRe: msg 4
6686L

2/2/19

Interesting...three posts in response to my question about the "barrier on the border" issue...and NONE of you are allowed to discuss the merits, if any, of physical barriers on our southern border...….   could my prejudice (that this is a forbidden concept amongst modern-day liberals ) be correct ?

In reply toRe: msg 6
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

2/2/19

You try to derail EVERY thread you post in, despite my repeated requests to stop. You have no cause to complain when it's done to you. Deal with it.

You get treated the way you treat others. You get the respect you show.

The border wall has been discussed many times here. In fact, in some of those threads, you tried to change the subject to the alleged "superiority" of "European civilization," i.e. Aryans.

6686L

2/2/19

I "get it".   Its YOUR site and you are clear as to what you cannot allow.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

2/2/19

Yes. And you have NEVER followed my directives. You ALWAYS try to derail every thread you post in.

Interesting that you whine about it when it's done to you.

Perhaps you should think about treating the rest of us the way you want to be treated, child.

Sparks500

2/3/19

That’s not a child. A child is a wondrous thing.
That, is not even human. The only wall that thing needs to deal with is the one separating it from reason, compassion, and humanity. It has none....