MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Worst. Super Bowl. Ever.   Entertainment & Media

Started Feb-4 by DigYourGig; 79 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Feb-4

"Super Bowl LIII was not merely bad. It was a boring, lame, non-suspenseful, never-ending, drool-puddle exercise in all that can suck about professional football and the surrounding hoopla. If one is a fan of batted down passes and 2-yard runs up the gut; of the majestic follow through of a punter's leg and the flight of a field goal as it misses the mark ... well, mazel tov. The NFL will happily sell you a $175 commemorative short-sleeve hoodie."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/04/opinions/super-bowl-pearlman/index.html

Piemur

Feb-4

I didn't watch or listen to the game, and other than updates on the all news radio station I always listen to when I wake up, had no idea how things were going. One of my coworkers tho is quite happy with the game, even if it wasn't much of a game. The way the scoring went let him win the work pool for the 3rd quarter and final score.
amyjane2484

Feb-5

My daughter bought her husband a new 55" HD TV for his birthday, but gave it to him early for the Superbowl. The night before we watched an episode of Blue Planet and it was gorgeous on the new TV. The Superbowl was a boring bust.