MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trump inaugural committee subpoenaed   Politics

Started Feb-5 by DigYourGig; 98 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Feb-5

Trump Inaugural Committee Ordered to Hand Over Documents to Federal Investigators

Escalating one of the investigations into President Trump’s inaugural committee, federal prosecutors ordered on Monday that its officials turn over documents about donors, finances and activities, according to two people familiar with the inquiry.

The subpoena seeks documents related to all of the committee’s donors and guests; any benefits handed out, including tickets and photo opportunities with the president; federal disclosure filings; vendors; contracts; and more, one of the people said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-inaugural-committee-ordered-to-hand-over-documents-to-federal-investigators/ar-BBTbi5U

Hector442

Feb-5

The illegal money Trump scooped up for his inauguration by itself is grounds for impeachment. 

DigYourGig
Host

Feb-5

In any other reality any president doing just a tenth of what Trump has done would not only have been impeached and removed from office, but would have then been put on criminal trial.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Feb-5

Can you imagine the outrage if Obama had done a tenth, or a hundredth, of what Trump has done? The Republicans are enabling Trump's illegal acts, and protecting him.

Do I recall correctly that Trump actually asked some foreign officials to donate to his campaign or inaugural events? I think I read he'd asked for donations, in public, and some aide or someone told him that's illegal.

DigYourGig
Host

Feb-5

When Obama addressed high school students Republicans had a freakout about it.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Feb-5

You mean Obama's televised speech encouraging students to work hard and stay in school? Yeah, Republicans and also right-wingers in schools had a freakout about that, some even showing students a movie instead of the President's speech.

And, of course, Trump's speech at the scouting event (Jamboree, as I recall) included some nasty sexual garbage. Silence from RWNJs.