MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A side of the Moon you can never see from Earth   Science & Tech

Started Feb-5 by DigYourGig; 75 views.
RGoss99

Feb-5

I am sure that among those who voted for Trump, who wear the MAGA hat there are some good moral people, who take "Make America Great Again" literally, and see us as not so great, making this a valid goal. At the same time, I suspect that many of them are not particularly bright, are under educated, and not particularly tuned in to the message behind Trumps words. It is sort of a responsibility for us who are tuned in to Trump´s message to educate them on this matter in a non aggressive way. Because "good moral people" if aware of the "real" message, associate with those who approve of Trump´s message, would probably stop wearing the hat. Those who continue to do so deserve whatever they get.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Feb-5

Hmmm.... I can't see that the Chinese photos is any more detailed than the NASA photo from 2011:

https://www.space.com/11186-photo-side-moon-nasa-lunar-orbiter.html

Maybe their orbiting satellite will collect more data, more detailed photos, and add to our knowledge of the moon.

DigYourGig
Host

Feb-5

I think what sets the Chinese orbiter's photo apart was capturing the earth in the background in the same frame.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Feb-5

True, that is impressive, a beautiful shot.