MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Maybe it's because Virginia is a racist state   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started Feb-6 by DigYourGig; 63 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Feb-6

Virginia AG says he wore blackface at college party

RICHMOND, Va. — Another top Virginia Democrat has admitted to wearing blackface decades ago. Attorney General Mark Herring issued a statement Wednesday saying he wore brown makeup and a wig in 1980 to look like a black rapper during a party as an undergraduate at the University of Virginia.

RGoss99

Feb-6

as in a previous thread how do we know what his message was, putting down Blacks or rappers.

to me, if it was just rappers, perhaps his apology is of the nature of saying "I am sorry that you <<CHOOSE>> be offended by what I did in another context in 1980. 

What we are experiencing in this and other threads is another type of prejudce, against those who do not choose to condemn others by absolute PC standards imposed bo

others. I do not approve of blackface generally, but the reason I would not wear blackface is simply because in this environment, it is likely to be considered offensive

to some Blacks, to do otherwise would simply be rude, but not necessrily racist.