News -  Gucci pulls "blackface sweater" after complaints (238 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

Gucci pulls 'blackface sweater' from stores after complaints

Image result for gucci blackface sweater

Gucci has apologized after complaints that a wool sweater with an oversized collar designed to cover the face resembled blackface makeup, and said the item had been pulled from its online and physical stores.

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (2 of 8) 
 47844.2 in reply to 47844.1 

I'm glad they pulled the item from stores and website. That red around the cutout for the mouth had to be intentional, intentionally racist.

To: Knotpicky (RUTA)  (3 of 8) 
 47844.3 in reply to 47844.2 

I see this and I wonder how someone could see the same thing and decide, "Nope, there's nothing wrong with that!"

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (4 of 8) 
 47844.4 in reply to 47844.1 

I have an all black ski mask, is that racist?  My glasses do get steamed up when I wear it, though.  Why don't they make it another color, like yellow or red or brown or whitish? 

Reply   Options 

To: MSurkont  (5 of 8) 
 47844.5 in reply to 47844.4 

An all-black ski mask does not resemble a very old, very offensive racist caricature.

To: All  (6 of 8) 
 47844.6 in reply to 47844.5 

Blackface Hasn’t Just Returned — It Never Left

Recent instances of blackface — from Virginia’s Gov. Ralph Northam to Gucci’s fashion choices — only reinforce the unfailing consistency of American anti-black racism.

Blackface Hasn’t Just Returned — It Never Left

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (7 of 8) 
 47844.7 in reply to 47844.6 

Many many examples of racism. Whatever happened to the black guy and white guy arrested for drug dealing, where the black guy faced 15 years and the white guy 3 years in prison for the exact same deal? Have they been sentenced?

I read a review of McCabe's book that said Jeff Sessions spouted racial epithets as Atty. General. That's completely inappropriate for the top law enforcement person.

Our neighbor's experience in Florida with the guy kicking in the restaurant door and brandishing his loaded assault rifle and yelling that epithet, that's blatant racism. Yet blacks are required to take it, to not fight back.

You're right, that article is right. Blackface and racism never left, but the racism is more overt, more blatant now. It starts at the top, the White House.

To: Knotpicky (RUTA)  (8 of 8) 
 47844.8 in reply to 47844.7 
Knotpicky (RUTA) said:

...racism is more overt, more blatant now.

Sadly, I must agree.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.