MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CA's new governor is not playing Trump's border wall game   Politics

Started Feb-11 by DigYourGig; 140 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Feb-11

Gov. Gavin Newsom is halting the California National Guard’s deployment at the U.S.-Mexico border, framing the pivot as the state's latest repudiation of Trump.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Feb-11

Good move by Newsom. Trump's claims of murderers and rapists in huge caravans were all lies, and have been proven false over and over. His deployment of troops to the border was a publicity stunt. More border governors should follow suit, i.e. Arizona and Texas, but I'm sure Abbott is too much a right-wing extremist to think about the border rationally.

6686L

Feb-12

What do you propose for solutions to the border issue?

In reply toRe: msg 3
Knotpicky (RUTA)

Feb-12

You first, what do YOU propose? Then maybe you can start a discussion.

Sparks500

Feb-12

It’s not a real person, much less an American. It has no opinion, only here to troll...

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Feb-12

Could be... might explain the irrational outbursts. <g>

BlueMoon67

Feb-19

As a Californian who lives near the border, I can tell you there is no crisis. This is all manufactured. Our border works just fine. Thousands go back and forth all day every day. Many go to shop in Tijuana for a few hours and come home (often just walking across the border because it's faster). Others travel back and forth for business.