Politics -  Democratic leaders denounce Omar's "anti-Semitic" tweet (342 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 9) 

I don't know. Is it really out of bounds to say that a lot of support for Israel is due to money going to politicians?

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (2 of 9) 
 47862.2 in reply to 47862.1 

I think Dan Kildee of Michigan said it well:

"We ought to be careful not to construe in that anything other than a concern about the fact that money has undue influence on political decision-making," he said.

I think she was referring to lobbying, money from lobbyists, which is a political issue, not Jewish stereotyping or an anti-Semitic trope. We should discuss Israel's political lobbying in Congress, it's a valid issue.

To: Knotpicky (RUTA)  (3 of 9) 
 47862.3 in reply to 47862.2 

I agree with RUTA.   Lobbyists seem to have developed way too much influence in Congress.  Let's see some discussion on that issue.

Reply   Options 

To: 6686L DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 9) 
 47862.4 in reply to 47862.3 

Go ahead, start a new thread and state 3 or 4 of the main issues that you believe about lobbyists and their influence. Give us facts ( for a change ) about what laws or changes in laws you would like to see. Oh wait you are just here to sealion us. Never mind!

From: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-21 11:08 PM 
To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (5 of 9) 
 47862.5 in reply to 47862.1 

There is a difference between criticizing a government and criticizing a race, ethnic group, or religion. I have had issues with people when discussing what Chomsky describes as worse than apartheid against the Palestinian people.  No government should be above questioning.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a mans character, give him power.

- Abraham Lincoln

http://forums.delphiforums.com/otherchatroom.

To: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 9) 
 47862.6 in reply to 47862.5 

Let's keep this in perspective.    Just exactly WHO are these "Palestinian people".   An excellent account of what "Palestine" was, can be found in Sam Clemen's tour book known as "INNOCENTS ABROAD'.   

That was right before the first wave of northern European immigrants, starting in the 1880's.   Prior to the settlements following World War One, Palestine was TURKISH territory - I trust most of you know that if you value your teeth, you don't call a Turk to his face "arab"...…!

Frightened of the increasing French and English activites in northern Africa, the Imperial German government encouraged retired Imperial German military and their families to settle in Palestine (which explains why so many streets in modern Israel still carry German names.   (I trust many in here know that Arial Sharon's real birth name in what was then Palestine was Erich Von Shinermann…..).

So the Brits and the French started sending over locals trained in terrorism to harass the settlers.  That was the start of a "civil war" ( most un-civil) that ended with the armistice agreements of 1948.  The winners of those seemingly never-ending "civil" wars changed the name of the place to Israel.   True, some on the losing side aren't happy about that, just as I am not happy that the boundries of Poland were moved many hundreds of miles west seizing my family's ancient estates in what WAS Prussia.

Bottom line- winners get to write the history.  Losers...well...they get to lose!   So called "Palestinians" lost (a good number of them, like the late Arrafat,  were actually Egyptian by birth (for those who do not know, Egypt is in AFRICA.....!

Definitely not fair.  Anyone want to advance the argument that I should have my family's ancient estates back in, again...in what WAS Prussia?

Additional side note - my ranch here in northern Arizona - is on land seized from the Yavapai Apaches by American soldiers in the 1880's.

Who wants to guess what my attitude would be if they tried to take MY land back....!

What was that again...about winning being more fun than losing...?

From: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-23 1:45 AM 
To: 6686L DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 9) 
 47862.7 in reply to 47862.6 

Nah

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a mans character, give him power.

- Abraham Lincoln

http://forums.delphiforums.com/otherchatroom.

To: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 9) 
 47862.8 in reply to 47862.7 

I  AGREE !

To: 6686L DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 9) 
 47862.9 in reply to 47862.8 

How very interesting. You agree with Revolution OG that your post was pure nonsense.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.