MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by Meta (DigYourGig)|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Joe Biden is running   Politics

Started Mar-12 by Meta (DigYourGig); 294 views.
Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

Mar-12

Breaking this morning:

Exclusive: Biden to run for White House, says Dem lawmaker

The Hill:

Former Vice President Joe Biden will run for president in 2020, a senior Democratic lawmaker told The Hill on Tuesday, a move that will shake up the crowded Democratic primary field and make him the clear front-runner for his party’s nomination against President Trump.

“I’m giving it a shot,” Biden said matter-of-factly during a phone call with a House Democratic lawmaker within the past week — a conversation the congressman recounted to The Hill and interpreted as a sure sign that Biden will run in 2020.

In reply toRe: msg 1
6686L

Mar-12

Put me down for BIDEN.     A good and decent man,  with at least some understanding of the nuances of public service.

Yeah...yeah...I know...poor Joe - cant get thru the day without demonstrating "foot in mouth" disease.   I have no doubt the Republicans would have a ball re-playing some of his "ooops" moments...(like the time he said that in 1931 President Roosevelt came on TV and told us the only thing we have to fear is fear itself...."

And then there are those (in considerable number) who ask whether having still "another old white man" is relevant to today's issues.

All the above is true,  and raises questions.  I put my money on Joe.    put him in a debate with President Trump,   and I believe his basic goodness and relevancy would shine much brighter then his occasional goofs.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Hector442

Mar-12

Since you're a registered Republican, your praise of Biden seems like concern trolling.

6686L

Mar-13

Good point - as a registered Republican, I would not be able to vote for Vice President Biden in the PRIMARY.   But I sure as heck would vote for him in the national election.

Clothahump

Mar-15

Oh, great!  Another clown has jumped out of the Democrat car, honked his horn, and said, "I'm gonna be Prez."

Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

Mar-15

Wow! Such an exhaustive and logical examination of which policies of his you disagree with! HAHAHA!

He must really scare you. Good, I'll vote for him.

Sparks500

Mar-15

You’ve seen their party, anyone with a functional brain scares the shit out of them.....

Clothahump

Mar-15

Meta (DigYourGig) said...

He must really scare you.

Biden?

Meta (DigYourGig)
Host

Mar-15

He scares the hell out of Trump, our Orange Caligula, our Cartoon Mussolini.