Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Gun deaths on the rise again   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started Nov-5 by DigYourGig; 1065 views.
EdGlaze

Nov-12

Actually the law protects everyone the same — it is the criminals we need to deal with.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-12

EdGlaze said:

Actually the law protects everyone the same — it is the criminals we need to deal with.

Yep, the criminals I listed. The ones your NRA-dictated murderous laws don't criminalize. You're happy when children are killed. Their blood is on your hands.

You're happy when innocent concert-goers are killed. Their blood is on your hands. You're happy when people commit suicide with guns, when other methods might not be fatal as often; their blood is on your hands.

Msg 45933.14 deleted
DigYourGig
Host

Nov-17

Yeah, more than 30,000 people dead each year and it's a big joke to you.

Fuck off, murder-lover.

DigYourGig said...

more than 30,000 people dead each year

which is 1.3% of total deaths in the US.

Of that 33,000: 21,000 were suicides, 11,000 were homicides, 505 were accidental, & 218 were undetermined

Of the 11,000 homicides (gun crimes), in 80% of the cases the perpetrator was not a lawful gun owner but rather in illegal possession of a weapon that belonged to someone else.

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-21

Ah, so then all those people are suddenly and magically not dead! You've solved the gun problem! Hooray!

I never said they weren't dead. I said that 80% of the gun crimes are committed by people that were not lawful gun owners. 

Rather than bitch and moan, why don't you suggest something that will affect the criminals and not the legal owners?

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-21

Rather than bitch and moan, why don't you suggest something that will lessen the thousands and thousands of people killed with guns every year? Why not have more concern for people than for guns? Why is my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness LESS important than someone's "right" to have military-grade weaponry able to cut down large numbers of human beings as quickly as possible?

And why DO you want to cut down as many people as you can as quickly as possible? Do you get pleasure out of that?

MSurkont

Nov-21

How?  By doing nothing like you guys want?