Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hunter & responsible gun owner thought a woman was a deer   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started Nov-24 by DigYourGig; 361 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Nov-24

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-24

A responsible gun owner until he does something stupid. After sunset and he thought he saw a deer 200 yards away. That's 2 football fields; he didn't know what it was, no way to identify it at that distance and in the dusk. I think he should be criminally charged.

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-24

And then the gun nuts will whine that we're trying to take all their guns.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Nov-24

They whine and complain all the time anyway, the scaredy cats. ;-) Any idiot who doesn't identify what he's shooting at, and/or is hunting illegally, deserves to lose his guns.

I was angry that George W. Bush (when running for governor) wasn't arrested or had his rifle confiscated when he shot a killdeer instead of a whitewing, and then he had the gall to laugh about it.

MSurkont

Nov-25

As I said on another forum, I don't think 20yrs would be too harsh.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-28

The guy is and was an unadulterated ass for many reasons, 

1.  Hunting is almost never permitted after sunset,

2.  Hunting in or around an occupied dwelling is expressly forbidden in nearly ever state,

3.  Taking an antlerless deer is forbidden unless you have an antlerless (doe) permit,

4.  Shooting ANYTHING that you are not positive of is grossly incompetant.

And so on, the list could get immense.

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-28

And yet, he had legal guns and would probably have no problem getting more, no matter how incompetent with guns he is. It's almost as if there are no testing requirements to get guns as there are to get a driver license. Wait a minute...

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-28

Any adult not under legal restraint can buy a gun damned near anywhere in the USA.  Almost as hard as getting a D/L if the demonstrated skill of American drivers is any indication.

RGoss99

Nov-30

Your title line has got to be ironic or a joke. What hunters and responsible gun owners shoot deers thjey can´t identify with a pistol?

This is a great anti NRA story.

DigYourGig
Host

Nov-30

How awful of me to be opposed to the NRA. Surely I should be put into some kind of re-education camp. <g>

• Edited November 30, 2017 3:10 pm  by  DigYourGig