Our Lost Tribe!

Hosted by gunter|gunter's page

olt! is a way station and oasis on the ancient road from Bedlam to Bellevue, dedicated to free and open discussion of topics moving heart and spirit.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

90 Miles West of Central Park   our lost tribe

Started 6/7/05 by Paul (SNOTZALOT); 38192 views.
gunter

5/23/17

those were the days - Bob Newhart!

Kidmagnet

5/23/17

Yeah! I liked that one as much as the original. Loved the way they tied them together at the end of the second series.

gunter

5/25/17

Dinner tonight: Blood Sausage!

The yummie-looking pix of blood sausage on ebay was irresistible, Black Pudding (Morcela) from Portugal!  A link (the sausage kind) arrived a week later.  Just the partner for some equally black squid ink fettuccine, don't you think?  Lots of sliced garlic, onion. Tomatoes and green peas for color. Plus a couple of shrimp ... make that three each. Turned out to be surprisingly mild, note of cumin with a nice earthy taste, added more salt and freshly ground pepper.

Happen to have some Torres 5G Garnacha to go with it, it's from Spain which is close enough.  Very nice.

Product description: (search for morcela on ebay)

Black Pudding (Morcela)
The black pudding is a traditional smoked filled, consisting of meat and pork blood, fat, wheat and corn flour, salt, garlic, onions and other seasonings to taste. It is presented in the form of a horseshoe, is clamped at both ends by bandage with cotton yarn, has a brown color too dark, its mass is crumbly with moderately compact consistency, the fats are completely mixed in the mass not being possible to distinguish them from other ...

Kidmagnet

5/26/17

You are doing wonders for my diet (steals the shrimp of your plate)

Paul (SNOTZALOT)

8/14/17

Started March 12

Harvested Aug 14

Paul (SNOTZALOT)

8/15/17

Thanks, best onion harvest in years! 8 dozen should keep us happy till next summer!

Kidmagnet

8/15/17

Where do you store them? We lived in an old farm house when I was 6 and had a root cellar. I loved that cave like place so my mom would send me in to fetch things. My poor mom was terrified of spiders. Not too crazy and snakes, toads or interesting beetles either. How she wound up with me for a daughter is anyone's guess.

Paul (SNOTZALOT)

8/16/17

These 2 varieties are considered long term storage onions and keep quite well. Last years crop lasted till late spring.

In reply toRe: msg 273
Paul (SNOTZALOT)

9/1/17

Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, Salsa!