Our Lost Tribe!

Hosted by gunter|gunter's page

olt! is a way station and oasis on the ancient road from Bedlam to Bellevue, dedicated to free and open discussion of topics moving heart and spirit.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Batshit   currents

Started 2/26/16 by gunter; 157442 views.
In reply toRe: msg 884
gunter

May-14

As seen on cctv:

In reply toRe: msg 885
gunter

May-20

Louisiana's maternal mortality rate of 58.1 deaths per 100,000 births is the highest in the United States. But it seems we're  looking at this all wrong, probably another one of those queer left-wing constructs. According to Louisiana Senators Bill Cassidy (R-LA) if you leave out Black mortality Louisiana is actually doing ok!

"So, when our population is adjusted for race, we’re not as unusual as we would look."

https://www.theunionjournal.com/louisiana-maternal-mortality-rate/

In reply toRe: msg 886
gunter

Jun-6

It's been 50 years but the photo is still seared in my mind. It's not in this essay. (Not sure you can read it without a NY Times sub.)

Napalm sticks to you, no matter how fast you run, causing horrific burns and pain that last a lifetime. I don’t remember running and screaming, “Nóng quá, nóng quá!” (“Too hot, too hot!”) But film footage and others’ memories show that I did.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Jun-6

For a few minutes your forum was back to classic view, then it changed back.  Oh well...

No, without a subscription you can't see the article.  However, if it is the one of the children running, that will forever be etched in my mind.  Should be for anyone that was old enough to remember the war.

gunter

Jun-7

I think public opinion was already much against the war, this sure helped.

In reply toRe: msg 889
gunter

Jun-7

Wasn't sure what they meant by abolishing prostitution so I had to take a look and was sorely disappointed.  They're against it.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Jun-7

The oldest profession on earth and they 'think' they were abolish it.  Stupid is as stupid does.

In reply toRe: msg 891
gunter

Jun-7

what to do, what to ...

I see where the American Family Association has uncovered some shocking statistics of a rebellion against God's design for human sexuality.

A February Gallup poll found that 7.1% of Americans now identify as LGBTQ – a 100% increase over 2012 numbers and a 26% increase over 2021! Worse yet is that for ages 18-24, an astounding 39% self-identified as LGBTQ.

Identifying as LGBTQ turns out to be as a popular choice as much as piercings and skinny jeans!

In reply toRe: msg 892
gunter

Jun-8

neato this:

An unburnable edition of Margaret Atwood’s “The Handmaid’s Tale” made with Cinefoil aluminum was auctioned for $130,000,  proceeds going to PEN America.