Our Lost Tribe!

Hosted by gunter|gunter's page

olt! is a way station and oasis on the ancient road from Bedlam to Bellevue, dedicated to free and open discussion of topics moving heart and spirit.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Natural and the Supernatural   chariots of fire

Started Jul-5 by Zo (Arcanumist); 81 views.
Zo (Arcanumist)

Jul-5

Science studies the natural world. Since the days of the battles with the clergy (Priests and Pope) to grant that science would evolve from superstitons into a means of serieous investigation, science sealed its own doors of inquiry into the super-natural.

The wall between science and religion becomes more dense and towering with each day that a scientific mind is held back from understanding a spiritual realm working in conjunction with the natural order. Presently, we have a grass-roots movement, utilizing today's technology, attempting to comprehend an unknown influence upon our own environs.

Superstition yet reigns amid "hauntings", out-of-body experiences, and life beyond death excursions.

Should science be forced to study the depth and breadth of the human mind (by the desire of the U.S. military) the super-natural world may become better understood. In all likelihood, with a new vocabulary oriented towards scientific investigation, the truth of basic religion may surface upon an ocean of newly comprehended human capacities.

gunter

Jul-5

Granted there are many mysteries to be explored, yet in the end I am positive they can all be answered by empirical data, just as mysteries of the past have been explained by science and reasoning. This does not lessen their wonder;  it's awe I experience gazing at the infinite magnificence of the universe revealed by the luster of galaxies in the eye of Hubble, and it is wonder when I grasp mere inklings of  the inner workings of quantum mechanics.

My only regret is I most probably will not be around to see a resolution. I'm old enough to acknowledge before that happens all of us will be dust ... though I'm still willing to make an exception in my case!

In reply toRe: msg 2
Zo (Arcanumist)

Jul-6

My own decades upon decades of study, experiences, and experiments has opened the door of realizing science and religion are one in essence. Each may seem different only in its vocabulary.

Empirical science has created its own "box" of limitations, just as religion once held firm to its own imagined realm of comprehension. The arts allow for truth to be expressed when the common point of origin is realized, the point wherein religion and science merge.

The chasm between science and religion is man-made. Should a person limit their own journey to either one or the other, the truth of All-Things will remain unknowable and out of reach for the human mind to grasp.

We live in an age wherein the common man may delve beyond the boundaries of denominational religious thought and the limititations born of academia.

Just as the human mind may escape its physical body in the night-season of dreams, the conscious mind can step into other realms beyond time and space via the meditative state. Science may then discover the practicality of what the mind can deliver unto an advancing civilization.