Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should Masterpiece Cakeshop have the religious right not to do business with a g   The Social You: Interactive

Started 6/26/17 by Cstar1; 6684 views.
In reply toRe: msg 49
Cstar1
Host

12/3/17

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

12/11/17

It is NOT about doing business, it is about the right to decline to endorse a religious view contrary to one's own.  The gay couple could have had any of a number of cakes made but WITHOUT an endorsement of gay marriage.  To me, this is a targeted case of little real merit.

Cstar1
Host

12/21/17

Bike (URALTOURIST1) said:

it is about the right to decline to endorse a religious view contrary to one's own.

I disagree. It's refusing to do business with someone because of who they are. 

me (DENNIS4927)

12/21/17

But he didn't refuse to serve them he said he would make a traditional wedding cake and there were other bakeries that would do the kind they wanted.
this is just another example of we don't care what you care about you have to do what I want. Its where the few out weigh the many. I don't believe in
discrimination and never have and never will but I do believe in doing what ever you believe in after all isn't this suppose to be a free country. Making someone do
what they don't want to too me that is just short of communism. The government telling you what and who to disagree with someone on their beliefs
I know this will probably make some people upset with me but that's my OPION Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays or what ever how you celebrate this time of year
Cstar1
Host

12/22/17

me (DENNIS4927) said:

But he didn't refuse to serve them he said he would make a traditional wedding cake

So, he would make their cake with a bride and groom on top, but not one that depicted a groom and groom? How is that not discrimination? Why should they accept that?

me (DENNIS4927)

12/23/17

Again isn't forcing him to do something against his will and or his believes. There were other shops that would honor their request. They could have had him make the cake and go to a store where you buy the different things for your wedding like cards or glasses to drink out of, they could have bought two men figurines and put them on top their selfs
BWArtist

12/23/17

<they could have bought two men figurines and put them on top their selfs>

As an average consumer though, I find the baker's position as anal retentive.

me (DENNIS4927)

12/24/17

The same can be said for the customer. We are way to fast to sue people now days for everrhing

BWArtist

12/24/17

Someone needs to tell that to Donald Trump.