Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you believe the women?   The Social You: Interactive

Started Nov-11 by Cstar1; 286 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Nov-11

Do you believe the women?
  • Yes11  votes
    55%
  • No2  votes
    10%
  • Other7  votes
    35%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-12

This thing going on of late is so perception driven and so emotionally charged, it is getting more and more difficult to really make an objective assessment.  Did these events take place as described?  I don't know and I will NEVER know.  Touchy Feelie that was once considered part of a date has now devolved into attempted rape, it is a no win situation for anyone in a position of wealth or power regardless of sex or age.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-12

Bike (URALTOURIST1) said:

Touchy Feelie that was once considered part of a date has now devolved into attempted rape

What makes you think it wasn't always attempted rape? Just because men's perceptions are changing, doesn't make that "touchy feely" any less than the sexual assault it always was. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-12

I see, dates were to be chaperoned by the aunt and you sat on both sides of her so no touching could happen.

Most of the #metoo stories did not take place on dates.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-12

That is true, I was responding to a specific post, not in generalities.

The Poll Question actually confused me so I am not actually sure what I am responding to. This discussion does not seemed to have a point of reference.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-12

I was responding to the post that stated very clearly that any touching is attempted rape, not really my view at all.

------------

What makes you think it wasn't always attempted rape? Just because men's perceptions are changing, doesn't make that "touchy feely" any less than the sexual assault it always was. 

Well you introduced the “dating games” to the discussion. The poll itself is not really clear.

I can’t comment on dates I wasn’t a participant in ;)

Cstar1
Host

Nov-13

You're right, the poll question is vague. Sorry about that. I was referring specifically to the sexual assault/harassment charges from the #metoo stories as well as those specifically against Senate candidate Roy Moore.