Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

You picked up food at a local restaurant, drove home, and found your order was s   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Nov-11 by Cstar1; 415 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Nov-11

You picked up food at a local restaurant, drove home, and found your order was short. Do you drive back?
  • Yes5  votes
    31%
  • No3  votes
    18%
  • Other8  votes
    50%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
ANNMTM

Nov-11

Depends how far away it is and how much it cost.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Cstar1
Host

Nov-12

What would be your threshold?

DH picked up fish & chips yesterday. Twice they've forgotten our chips with the order - yesterday they forgot the coleslaw.

At some point, you start to wonder if restaurants do it to cheat you!

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-12

I do a quick check in the bag, usually that suffices, waiting until you get home is just (IMNSHO) silly.  Do you count your money at the bank teller's window?  Or do you go home and then complain?

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk

Nov-12

That would be bad business policy because customers won’t return.  I think they are inept or rushed and make a lot of mistakes.

I was at a diner type burger and salad place and ordered a salad. When I opened up the order it was heavy and contained an oversized serving of chili fries.  I took it back and they said, what do you care, you paid less and got a giant meal

I told them I care because I didn’t want chili fries, I wanted a salad.  Then I asked how the person who ordered the fries will feel when they get home and find out it’s a salad, and they did not care.  The assistant manager started shouting at the cashier who took the order.  Everyone around the register was saying It’s not my fault.  I interrupted and said, I know the owner is not here.  Maybe he needs a phone call to update him on how you are behaving.  Instead of arguing in front of customers, please just fix my order! That stopped the fighting.  I love that place but I have not returned.

• Edited November 12, 2017 5:41 pm  by  Showtalk
Song~ (_Song_)

Nov-12

I live too far out of town for it to be cost effective to do another round trip because they forgot something. However, if I ordered from the same place again I'd make sure to check my order before leaving.
ANNMTM

Nov-12

Not sure. 

Bike is correct, one should always check, but sometimes I just want to get home. They should also check that they got the order correct.

Cstar1 said:

Twice they've forgotten our chips with the order - yesterday they forgot the coleslaw.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Time to find a new Fish and Chippery.

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

Nov-13

This interesting poll and engaging discussion have been featured in today's Delphi Daily News ~ Join In!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=2750.1

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

Nov-13

I voted "other" because it depends on how much of the order is missing on whether I go back or not - usually I check at the store before I leave.