Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever considered running for political office?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Nov-11 by Cstar1; 296 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Nov-11

Have you ever considered running for political office?
  • Yes4  votes
    20%
  • No15  votes
    75%
  • Other1  vote
    5%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk

Nov-12

Absolutely not! LOL.  I can’t even imagine going through that.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-13

I think you have to have a very particular type of personality to want to be a politician. I've considered it - and rejected it immediately! I don't have the right type of personality, and would really hate it. Now, background work, that I could do. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk

Nov-13

They have to be immune to everything and thrive on dissent. Their families must also be immune to smears and publicity. Once they get into office, their sessions are very slow and boring a lot of the time.  We only see dramatic events in the media but try watching CSPAN.  They love to hear themselves talk.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-13

Not to mention the bills & laws themselves.

Have you ever tried to read a bill like the health care ones? Boring, AND confusing!

In reply toRe: msg 1
BWArtist

Nov-13

Since politicians can legally be bought and paid for now, I'm going to save for that.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Showtalk

Nov-14

Long and boring, unless it’s your career. Then you have to read it all.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-17

Legality has almost nothing whatever to do with really buying a politician, it just takes guts and charisma to con your way into whatever position you want.

BWArtist

Nov-17

Watched a biography on Eisenhower. There was an incident, I think it was the U-2 incident  with Russia where President Eisenhower was asked for answers on the golf course. He felt it necessary to travel back to the Whitehouse to address the nation. Addressing the American public from a golf course would be disrespectful. Brought a tear to my eye. And reminded me how Trump called our Whitehouse a dump.

• Edited November 17, 2017 5:16 pm  by  BWArtist
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Nov-17

That was also the time when hat, jacket and tie were de rigueur for going to Ebbets Field to routinely watch a game of baseball, times do change.