Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Given the plethora of sexual misconduct allegations being exposed in the press t   The Social You: Interactive

Started Nov-11 by Cstar1; 548 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Nov-11

Given the plethora of sexual misconduct allegations being exposed in the press the last few weeks, are men now more vulnerable than ever?
  • Yes8  votes
    44%
  • No8  votes
    44%
  • Other2  votes
    11%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1

Nope but the real question is are women? It's easy to assume with so much happening, and so publicly that women will instantly be treated differently. but I truly doubt that.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-13

I think it makes men more vulnerable, and women less so. Which will probably create a backlash, and reversal in short order. 

In reply toRe: msg 3

I just don't think change happens this abruptly. I mean it appears to be, but this too shall pass and the same wield of power will seep back in.                                

Cstar1
Host

Nov-13

Kidmagnet said:

this too shall pass and the same wield of power will seep back in.                            

I'm afraid you're right. The take-downs aren't finished yet, but once they slow, we'll be back to the same old shite. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
BWArtist

Nov-13

I think we are at a threshold moment in history. Women  feeling more safe in numbers in order to come forward and release a lot of suppressed negative emotions has to be relieving to your soul. That kind of stuff is contagious.

Lots of fluid cash in an economy requires a team effort in management. The investment dollar must be prudent  to inspect the actual value of a person managing it. The money will say there is little tolerance left for unseemly behavior that will needlessly put all investors in jeopardy. Show companies how this cleansing can increase productivity, reduce human stress levels in order to qualify for a corporate mental health insurance discounts and show how respect for women can sell product. From what I see is all women have to do is stand up for themselves.

Or if folks insist going back to the other direction,,, Russia has recently loosened their laws on beating your wife.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-14

BWArtist said:

I think we are at a threshold moment in history

I hope so!

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Nov-14

Kidmagnet said:

Nope but the real question is are women? It's easy to assume with so much happening, and so publicly that women will instantly be treated differently. but I truly doubt that.

Don't doubt it, Kid. Women will now speak up as soon as an incident happens instead of letting it go, and their allegations will now be taken a lot more seriously then in the past.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Nov-14

Cstar1 said:

The take-downs aren't finished yet, but once they slow, we'll be back to the same old shite.

As long as women keep reporting incidents, it won't die down. Men, especially men in power, will always think they can get away with whatever they want, but if women don't let them get away with it, they will have to face consequences for their actions.

I'm not being naive, but rather hopeful that change is happening.

The change does not come from the part of women, well not the ones being assaulted or even just made to feel uncomfortable. It's a lot easier to be one voice in a crowd than to be one voice. Sure there is courage right now, but once the crowd dies down...

The change comes from the way we raise our kids. Not just as parents, but as a society. The behavior we model, expect and tolerate speaks volumes.

No girl should ignore sexual comments and behaviors because "that's just how boys are" . And no boy should practice them because "that's just how boys are" . 
For anyone confused about where the line that's getting crossed is - you only need to open your eyes and be aware of the person you are relating to. If you are making them uncomfortable you crossed the line.