Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you have, or plan on buying a "home assistant" such as Alexa, Echo Dot or Goo   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 12/3/17 by Cstar1; 361 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

12/3/17

Do you have, or plan on buying a "home assistant" such as Alexa, Echo Dot or Google Home Mini?
  • Yes2  votes
    10%
  • No18  votes
    90%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
ANNMTM

12/4/17

No-too "I, Robot"-ishfor me!

• Edited December 4, 2017 4:22 pm  by  ANNMTM
In reply toRe: msg 2
Cstar1
Host

12/6/17

I find the privacy giveaway staggering. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

12/11/17

Kinda like the maker of Roomba robot vacuums stating he could sell the GPS data used by the robot in its assigned sweeping to commercial customers.  A follow up said no such plans were afoot.

Cstar1
Host

12/21/17

I'd love to have a Roomba - if I had a cat that would ride it all the time. Otherwise....

In reply toRe: msg 1
me (DENNIS4927)

12/21/17

I said no because in my opinion this generation is becoming to lazy because of all the electronics, I am to on certain things. But think about it you can start your car with out going outside or turn on electronics with out getting off the couch. Maybe I'm just old fashion and thinking about my youth. I remember having to go out side and rotate the
tv antenna by hand and actually go start the car when it was 0 degrees out. I remember we had a wall phone with a long as cord on it and you go from the kitchen to the dinning room. It all most is starting to be like the Jetsons all you have to do is speak or push a button and have things done for you. I will hold out as long as I can with out some contraption doing things for me. I still pay my bills by check and mail then walk to the mail box and mail them.
In reply toRe: msg 6
ANNMTM

12/21/17

I'd love to see my dog's reaction to a Roomba. I think her fur would kill it, 'tho.

Cstar1
Host

12/22/17

But I'll bet you use the tv remote, and don't get up and walk over to the tv every time you want to change the channel. And start the dishwasher with a push of a button, rather than washing them all by hand. Use an automatic washer and dryer rather than pounding your clothes on a rock or in a washtub, and hanging them on a line to dry. All of those are labor saving devices too. 

me (DENNIS4927)

12/23/17

I didn't say I didn't use those things but we don't have a dishwasher and in the summer we hang our clothes out you interpreted my post wrong I was just pointing out that we and I mean
myself included are becoming to depend it on the new technology. I remember when I was a teenager I got a job at the local bowling alley
doing odd jobs and I would take the big dust mop and sweep the lanes after they were used. Then they got a machine that did it so I was laid off.
Like the song In the year 2525 if man is still alive. If woman can survive it goes on saying you wont need to chew you take a pill you pick you kids from a glass tube
you wont need you arms or legs. That is the point I was trying to make. It wont be in our life time but who knows how far technology will make us less depending on our self's