Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will you be Buying and Reading John Bolton's Finally Released Book?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 6/17/20 by BWArtist; 5960 views.
Showtalk
Host

6/22/20

Some were not as active as others. I’m have many now and only this one requires a lot of attention.

kizmet1

6/22/20

Did she have as many as Shorty?
BWArtist

6/22/20

I guess I'm  getting very concerned for my country and  at the time of my last post to you,I was  probably more concerned about the results of another poll I posted. But to address my concern here, when  I see such high results for not  buying the book, I have to see that it also means that opinion could also show the  book's information should  also be considered as not valid enough for consideration  before the this upcoming election. As I stated earlier, I saw the republican senate during the impeachment proceedings blatantly  laying the pipe for obstruction of evidence to achieve their version of a fair impeachment result. So whether Bolton testifies in the house, the senate is always working  against a fair process.

I would have to consider what it would be like if I was in Bolton's position at the time. Knowing the tactics this current senate is capable of in defending Trump. We are in a time where blatant deception  is acceptable. Including what happens on the web.

Why do I say that? Because of another poll I'm concerned with. It had to do with Trump using non identifiable troops in that staged photo op in DC and pepper spraying the crowd of protesters. Many troops in military gear were not identifiable. The whole episode was so much against the constitution that the military commander in charge offered to resign his commission. Remember?

Now the last I looked it was  apparent here that overwhelming results shown  many feel unidentifiable troops is perfectly okay. But what does that really mean? It means that a disgruntled neo nazi type individual can dress up in military garb to help enforce what the president wants to do. I don't know how else to say that without adding a whole bunch of extra words to accomplish the same conclusion. 

Am I being hyperbolic? I don't think so. I'm currently listening to a report about how since NASCAR decided to quit allowing the  Confederate flag at it's events , now their only black driver's locker has a noose tied inside.

Trump has shown he is willing to dog whistle  racist people clear back in Charlotte VA. The same kind of people that  usually use front door forums to sway opinion and project results to go more their way. Also a way to recruit those that lean more to their way of thinking.. 

Yes CStar shut down a lot of nonsense. And the ratings that resulted probably were the kind of results Delphi did not prefer. But that's because most right leaning people prefer the covert benefit that can come from posting on social  media. And they like to embellish what they hear on Fox to make it a better story. Ignoring what happens to truth.

We are in a time where our current president seems to be willing to try anything if he thinks it will help him stay president. He only had 6200 show up in Tulsa.But I'm worried about what those 6200 are capable of too. Not all on the right are bad people. But here lately , the people I know are more than willing to look the other way ,if they think they  personally will get what they want. And this scares me when envisioning what kind of country I'm leaving my grandchildren. What country would you move your tribe to if Trump had the opportunity to turn the US into a fascist state?

Here is my question to you. It seems I can ruffle feathers  here by just placing polls about just what is reported in the news. Do you want me to stop? Should I make that my last poll?

Showtalk
Host

6/22/20

No one has as many as Shorty does.

Showtalk
Host

6/22/20

No, please keep starting polls.  Think them through carefully before posting.  Do you have enough options? Have you considered major possibilities?  The results here would look very different if there was an option to get a copy from the library.  When I make a poll I always include options for both sides.  You may feel that defeats your purpose but a poll that says Trump will kill us all, Trump is terrible and could be lethal, Trump is bad and nothing on the other side doesn’t really show anything except that everyone voting hates him. But if it includes a few options on the other side, you get a fuller picture.  It’s actually very difficult to write a good poll.  If anyone can tell your purpose from your question, it’s an Ok poll but not a good one.  The best polls are not left or right, but cover all sides. Then you get a full spectrum of who is voting and you also have a chance for people to listen.  If you look at numbers of votes, people don’t vote much if it’s all one side or the other.  I don’t think you realize C often ran promos for this forum. The point is not to skew a poll, it is to remind people we are here and then maybe they will participate in other discussions and polls.

Showtalk
Host

6/22/20

As an example, look at my Aunt Jemima poll question.  You can’t tell my opinion from the question. In reality even as a child I thought it was racist and was rude to the very kind Black people who were in my life.  

kizmet1

6/22/20

For the record I do not have cable tv. On Sundays I watch the one hour political shows produced on ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. I also surf Delphi forums but have found that liberal forums have a very rude person on them and no one repremands him so I consider the source and leave. I do not want to involved with a forum where bad manners and profanity are allowed. Can you say you do the same?
As for Bolton, I saw Martha Raddatz of ABC interview him for an hour last night. Did you? I liked him long before he was fired but last night he came across as a wimpy crybaby. I found he is money hungry and waited until his book was published to shoot his mouth off about Trump.
Showtalk
Host

6/22/20

Bolton has a bad temper and offended a lot of people who should have liked him. It isn’t a secret, it’s legendary. 

kizmet1

6/22/20

Really? I didn't follow him that closely. I was in disbelief when he started spouting all kinds of bad things about Trump. It made me wonder if the only reason he went to work under him was to write a tell all book.
Showtalk
Host

6/22/20