Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

kizmet1

7/1/20

No, I try to be open minded until someone really goofs.
I started life as a 4th generation Democrat. It was when people were basking in the glow of Roosevelt and Truman but were still proud of a true military veteran being in charge. Of course, I could only read pictures then. JFK had a pretty wife who rode horses and had two cute children. In real life he was a scoundrel with a long list of things done in private that were disgusting but his family kept them secret. Of course, you know all that. LBJ also did disgusting things in private but they were hidden, too. We have had many POTUS who did bad things in private but good fir the nation. The odd thingvis we had Ford, a nan with many years of experience and a son who was an Episcopal priest but we chose Jimmy Who? A man with very little experience who went to an all white church. His son sat on the roof of the White House smoking pot. Pot was illegal then. Reagan was a breath of fresh air but divorced. Hus wife
Showtalk
Host

7/1/20

You identify it as damage where others seem to be happy at their decisions.  I heard today his support is as high as ever among likely voters.

Showtalk
Host

7/1/20

That could be why he isn’t shown wearing one.  I saw a camera view of a press conference looking out at the audience and the room was nearly empty. Reporters were far apart from each other and there was a camera and operator and that was it, other than his bodyguards 

MerlinsDad

7/1/20

And that tepid endorsement could have a positive effect on some of those who aren't wearing masks.  Let's hope so. 

Showtalk
Host

7/1/20

I don’t think of politicians as role models. They aren’t for me.

MerlinsDad

7/1/20

showtalk says:  "I heard today his support is as high as ever among likely voters."

Yeah. his numbers haven't moved much since he took office 1258 days ago.

From Pew Research Center June 30

In the presidential contest, Donald Trump faces a 10 percentage point deficit in his race against Joe Biden: 54% of registered voters say if the election were held today, they would support Biden or lean toward voting for him, while 44% support Trump or lean toward supporting him.

Few voters say Trump is an ‘average’ president; far more describe Biden’s possible presidency that wayAs has been the case throughout his presidency, and even during his successful campaign for the White House four years ago, Trump continues to engender strong loyalty – and intense opposition. About three-quarters of registered voters who support Trump (76%) say they view their presidential ballot primarily as a vote for the president. By comparison, only 33% of Biden voters view their vote more as an expression of support for him; about twice as many (67%) view it as vote against Trump [bolding mine --MD] https://www.people-press.org/2020/06/30/publics-mood-turns-grim-trump-trails-biden-on-most-personal-traits-major-issues/

MerlinsDad

7/1/20

As I've said before, you're a special person.  A lot of people do, which is why effective leadership is so important to so many Americans.

MerlinsDad

7/1/20

You have a list and certainly seem negatively predisposed against some of our previous presidents.

Showtalk
Host

7/1/20

It depends which polls ad outlets you look at. We learned the hard way how unreliable polls are.

Jeri (azpaints)

7/1/20

The seating at his press conferences in the White House is determined by the White House Press Corp not the administration.  IIRC they said they would social distance or simply not attend.