Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jeri (azpaints)

7/5/20

Community organizer working to make his community better , safer, for all residents. Professor of Constitutional Law.  US Senator.  He and his wife were strong church goers and raised two excellent daughters. Oh, and a good president who believed in the strength, honesty, hard work, kindness and exceptionalism of our country and Americans. 

MerlinsDad

7/5/20

All in all, an exceptional individual.  Thanks for the bio.

Jeri (azpaints)

7/5/20

And he played basketball!

MerlinsDad

7/5/20

Rather well, if I recall.  He was an exceptional person.  I would love to have lunch with him and let him tell me about the state of the world from his perspective.   I think it also remarkable that he went 8 years in office without a single scandal, which says a great deal about his ability to judge people.

Jeri (azpaints)

7/5/20

I'd love to have a Dinner with the entire family.  I'd also like to have lunch with George Bush. I suspect he has a good sense of humor.

MerlinsDad

7/5/20

That would be terrific.  I'd just sit and listen.  Michelle is a force in her own right.  I know little about the daughters, but given the parents, they have to be very sharp.  What a treat that would be.

Talking to Bush about his perspective on the world and how it has changed since he was president.

We went to Plains to hear Carter deliver a Sunday School listen a few years ago.  Before he started the lesson, he talked about what he and Rosalynn had been doing in the previous week or month (too long ago to remember).   Lunching with him and hearing him talk about his travels as a Goodwill Ambassador would be a marvelous experience.  I can't tell you how much I admire what he and Rosalynn have done since he was president.  .

This is pretty much like it was when we visited, including the bomb sniffing dog and wanding by the secret service.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-grammys-jimmy-carter-preacher-plains-church-20190208-story.html

Of course, since he's a Georgian, the local newspaper reports on him frequently. 

Jeri (azpaints)

7/5/20

Jimmy and Rosalynn are incredible!  In the their 90s and still giving back to humanity.  How many of us can say we've led that Christian spirit lifestyle!

Talking to any of them would be fascinating.  The only one I would not "break bread with" as the saying goes is Cheney,  but I'd like to talk to his daughter.  

we can learn so much from others if we open our minds and put aside our preconceived ideas and prejudices.  The presidential historian, Bescheloff ( spelling) and the WH photographers would be fun too!

In reply toRe: msg 83
Showtalk
Host

7/5/20

Obama spent a good chunk of his senate term running for President.

PoppyShea

7/5/20

I’m waiting for statistics we haven’t seen yet - of those who have/had COVID-19, how many wore masks and how many did not. If those who have or had the virus wore masks, is it worth it? 

The other thing is that the only partially effective mask is a professionally fitted N95 of the correct size to fit your face. To me, other masks are like wet paper towels picking up crumbs. With every breath you expire you breathe out moisture which attracts germs - right there at your nose. 

Showtalk
Host

7/5/20

I wonder if anyone tracked that data?