Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is John Kasich a Republican now that he endorses Biden?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Jul-20 by Showtalk; 890 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jul-20

Is John Kasich a Republican now that he endorses Biden?
  • Yes, he hate Trump so it makes sense0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, we can't decide that for him1  vote
    7%
  • No, he is a Democrat posing as a Republican9  votes
    64%
  • I don't know1  vote
    7%
  • What did he do?0  votes
    0%
  • Other?3  votes
    21%
Yes, he hate Trump so it makes sense 
Yes, we can't decide that for him 
No, he is a Democrat posing as a Republican 
I don't know 
What did he do? 
Other? 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-20

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-20

This is from March but I hadn’t seen it before.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-20

From May

kizmet1

Jul-20

I think he is a very nice man but I feel he is neither GOP or Dem.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-20

From Politico, things people used to say about Kasich. Even after his run for President, I don’t know much about him.

...John Kasich... over the course of his 30-plus-year political career in Ohio and Washington, has been called some extraordinary things for a public figure. "Unpleasant." "Cranky." "A jerk." "Even worse" than Donald Trump. And that's just in headlines

kizmet1

Jul-20

To me, he seems like like he belongs to both parties. He did a nice job as governor but was too ready to be very generous if POTUS
In reply toRe: msg 6
MerlinsDad

Jul-20

Kasich has lots of Republican company in his opposition to Trump

July 17 from CBS News

As the general election unofficially kicks off, presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is being aided by an unusual array of groups for a presidential election. What makes them an oddity is that they are Republican. A growing number of GOP organizations are moving forward with strategic efforts to unseat a commander-in-chief of their own party — and turn the White House over to a Democrat. 

The Lincoln Project

Appalled by Donald Trump's presidency, they are spending millions on television ads and digital campaigns and weighing ground efforts in an election year that has seen a global pandemic and major economic crisis following the impeachment trial of the president earlier this year.

From April through June, The Lincoln Project raised more than $16.8 million, rivaling several prominent Democratic PACs after raising less than $2 million in the first quarter of 2020. The Lincoln Project, whose founders include George Conway, a prominent Trump critic who is married to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, views this president as an existential threat to the nation, a "clear and present danger to the Constitution and our Republic."

Republican Voters Against Trump

At the same time, Republican Voters against Trump is also going after similar voters, but with a slightly different approach, one that seeks to make Republican voters comfortable with the idea of not supporting their party's incumbent nominee, even if they voted for him in 2016.

"I've been a Republican for more than 30 years in western North Carolina, and I find myself for the first time in many years not able to vote for a Republican," said Steve in one video on the project's website. The project has been compiling hundreds of testimonials from GOP voters in all fifty states. 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-trump-republicans-gop-voters-joe-biden-president/

I don't know if there's historical precedent or not.

One could call him a "RINO" or maybe a party switcher, but it may really fit into a whole category of its own.

Such a combination might be a unifying force that might help de-fuse what I have feared for a while would erupt into a full blown civil war, compared to the totally divisive status quo that we see on a daily basis this year.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-21

Maybe it’s a new way of “reaching across the aisle.” Wasn’t that a John McCain specialty?