Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should cities provide free hotel rooms for COVID patients to isolate?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Jul-27 by Showtalk; 507 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jul-27

Should cities provide free hotel rooms for COVID patients to isolate?
  • Yes, it's the humane thing to do1  vote
    10%
  • Yes, it will cut the number of cases2  votes
    20%
  • No, it's not possible to give every patient free room and board2  votes
    20%
  • No, it's not necessary2  votes
    20%
  • I'm not sure2  votes
    20%
  • Maybe0  votes
    0%
  • Other1  vote
    10%
Yes, it's the humane thing to do 
Yes, it will cut the number of cases 
No, it's not possible to give every patient free room and board 
No, it's not necessary 
I'm not sure 
Maybe 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-27

This happened back in March. Are other cities offering the same?

I don't know if anything like that is being done here, but it sounds like an effective pivot to deal with a chronic housing shortage that exacerbates person to person transmission of disease in an unprecedented manner.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-28

It’s so family members or roommates don’t get it and so the person ones t have to go out to buy food or for medical care. They are checked daily by a nurse. All at no cost to the patient.

Showtalk said:

It’s so family members or roommates don’t get it and so the person ones t have to go out to buy food or for medical care.

If someone can stay in place, rather than have to go fetch food or medicine, then they will not be exposing others as severely, and they also have some kind of stability and not be rousted out of doorways several times per night, or be totally vulnerable to assault (e.g. the "affluenza" teenagers who are bored and go "Let's go roll some bums.")

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-28

Well, these are people with homes but who can’t shelter there while sick. The homeless are also getting free rooms.

Showtalk said:

Well, these are people with homes but who can’t shelter there while sick

That is also quite important. Those who are "cliff dwellers" living in apartment buildings need a place to properly isolate while sick.

As for the HOA Karens who throw a hissy fit over an RV in someone's driveway or even parked in the yard so someone can shelter closer to home, there needs to be some kind of legal mechanism that fully castrates the HOA where it comes to any conflict related to virus mitigation and proper isolation.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-28

I don’t think an HOA is involved.  They are using hotels.

They are using hotels, but I wonder how many people were railroaded into having to use hotel rooms because some HOA wouldn't let them park an RV in their driveway and isolate in the gated community. But then San Francisco proper likely has few of those type of residences, as that's a suburbia type problem.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-28

SF has almost no parking from what I’ve heard so RVs are not an option.