Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

another creepy bit of technology   The Online You: Internet Life

Started Jul-28 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 1498 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-28

No no no. Someone will think it’s cool. A lot of someones.

Showtalk said:

Someone will think it’s cool

Some people think spiders crawling out of one's skin is cool, too. And a lot more think that having horns implanted in their skull and sharpened teeth into fangs and other stuff like that is cool. Some think having their eyeballs tattooed, and having their face turned into abstract artwork is cool, even though the majority of people think it screams "don't hire this person - RUN!"

kizmet1

Jul-29

What will happen during intimate times? Dr exams? Surgery in the area?
kizmet1 said:

What will happen during intimate times? Dr exams? Surgery in the area?

I'd say, chaos. Unintended consequences. Maybe even embarrassingly unintended consequences.

Or in a medical setting, ,it could really severely complicate some aspects of diagnosis and treatment. I can also see some kind of adverse allergic reaction to the foreign materials introduced into the body. Some people have reactions that are significantly delayed after application, if the immune system suddenly sees the circuitry as a foreign invasion.

Now I kind of wonder what the adverse reaction statistics are for tattoos, piercings, and other body modifications.

And I need to find the "Daily Science Fiction" story about a world where people desperate for an income to survive on, get an electronic tattoo that is like a billboard, and they are forbidden to wear clothing that covers any of it. And as a result they glow in the dark like a walking Times Square.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-29

This may be one of those crazy ideas that dies out for lack of usability.

kizmet1

Jul-29

I wonder if the methods and ink have changed over the years?
kizmet1

Jul-29

I had a friend who, got her eyebrows tattooed. She was 65. Black ink was used, heavily. Her hair medium brown, skin fair. Her eyes blue. Eyebrows were much heavier than any cosmetic pencils I ever saw her using. I could not look at her without wanting to laugh. She was told they would fade. I never saw that happen. They were not even tapered like a normal brow.
I wonder what happens when women who get eyebrows tattooed look like years later if they end up too old or too poor to color their white or silver hair?
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-29

Or when their skin starts to sag and the tattoos droop.

or a crazy idea that is technologically obsolete as a Commodore-64 after 5 years.