Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

It's great that NBA players are kneeling for the national anthem.   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-4 by MerlinsDad; 1298 views.
MerlinsDad

Poll Question From MerlinsDad

Aug-4

It's great that NBA players are kneeling for the national anthem.
  • Yes6  votes
    35%
  • No11  votes
    64%
  • Maybe0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
Maybe 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Aug-4

Orlando Magic and Brooklyn Nets kneel for the national anthem before the game Friday July 31

kizmet1

Aug-4

Those overpaid jerks are setting a bad example for youth. Too much emohasis on sports during this crisis we are in.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-4

When  people are struggling to pay rent or buy food, they aren’t interested in politics and sports.  I need to find the article that public interest in sports is not nearly what they expected.  People want one place they can spend time without politics.

MerlinsDad

Aug-4

Thank you for your opinion.

kizmet1

Aug-4

And yet, the tv stations are iverloaded with sports. They were even runnung reruns of 10 years ago. May still running them? Weekends used to be for Disney movies and other family entertainment. Not so anymore.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-4

Disney pulled all their movies for their own channel.

Showtalk said:

When people are struggling to pay rent or buy food, they aren’t interested in politics and sports. I need to find the article that public interest in sports is not nearly what they expected.

They watch sports to escape, not to have more stuff waved in their face. I was hearing that viewership was way down.

But then I haven't watched professional sports in so long I don't even know the names of most of the teams still around, much less the names of any players. I buy generic products that don't advertise on televised games, either.

I used to watch some stuff decades ago when some games were broadcast over the air, but since I haven't had cable TV since 1982, and haven't had a working antenna system since about 2015 or so, I don't miss it at all.

Heck with professional sports becoming so politicized, I'd shed no tears at all if they drive away so many viewers that the whole industry goes bankrupt.

I probably wouldn't waste time and money shooting off fireworks to celebrate the demise of professional sports, but I probably know of a few who might, even though they wouldn't admit it in public.

But then my opinion of professional sports is the stereotypical 40-something, morbidly obese, chugging beer in front of the 72 inch television, wasting hours and hours of mindless passive activity, which is why he probably had no savings when the mill closed during the coronavirus.

I actually told one of the Dish TV panhandlers at Sam's Club last autumn, when he asked how I got cable, that "if you take what most people spend on cable and ESPN, put that money in a good growth stock mutual fund from age 20 to age 65, you'll have a nest egg that lets you retire a millionaire. So, no, I am proud to say it has been 37 years since I last had cable TV and am so proud I never got enmeshed in their tentacles again."

kizmet1

Aug-5

Disney owns ABC.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-5

You have saved a lot by avoiding cable, and sports.