Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever had maskne?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started 10/14/20 by Showtalk; 2568 views.
Showtalk
Host

10/22/20

It could be due to sizing, formaldehyde, or even the type of material the mask is made out of.

kizmet1

10/22/20

I only wear cotton masks. Lets the body breathe better.
Formaldehyde on a living person sounds creepy.
Masks tend to fit the same.
Showtalk
Host

10/22/20

Then it’s  probably sizing which is a good reason to wash it first.

kizmet1

10/22/20

Whatever it was, was strange. I never got it from other ones I bought.
Showtalk
Host

10/23/20

It could even be due to the size of the air holes in the weave.

AureaReaa

10/23/20

Ughh!! Maske is the worst! It is because I cannot find other ways on how to prevent it. It is also not safe to go outside without wearing a mask. I think it is because of the mask rubbing on the face. Ears also hurt because of the rubber thingy. Any suggestions how to avoid maskne? 

Showtalk
Host

10/23/20

I have masks that are too big, so I fit them to my face.  See if you can get larger ones that won’t rub, or find the type with elastic that goes over the back of your head rather than your ears.

kizmet1

10/23/20

Yes, it could. I have 6 and all are cotton. I wore others of the same brand at Fred Meyer, fresh out of the package, but not all day. They all got washed by hand when I took a bath the same night. Later, I have worn the washed ones all day.
kizmet1

10/23/20

See if pony tail elastic sold in the comb and brush dept would work or go to a fabric store and buy elastic there.
Showtalk
Host

10/23/20

I need to wash and refurbish all of my cotton ones.