Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Crazy, inept Mayor poll. My city Mayor is...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Nov-23 by Showtalk; 2346 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-23

Crazy, inept Mayor poll. My city Mayor is...
  • Excellent and should be voted in again0  votes
    0%
  • The best choice out of available options1  vote
    7%
  • Not good and should be voted out2  votes
    14%
  • Bad and keeps getting voted into office3  votes
    21%
  • Too new to know yet1  vote
    7%
  • Good, but other cities have bad mayors that should be removed2  votes
    14%
  • They are all terrible2  votes
    14%
  • We don't have a mayor2  votes
    14%
  • I don't have an opinion1  vote
    7%
  • I can't stand politicians and would like to see citizen policy makers0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Excellent and should be voted in again 
The best choice out of available options 
Not good and should be voted out 
Bad and keeps getting voted into office 
Too new to know yet 
Good, but other cities have bad mayors that should be removed 
They are all terrible 
We don't have a mayor 
I don't have an opinion 
I can't stand politicians and would like to see citizen policy makers 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

I am not sure I got every possible good option reflected in this poll.  I was trying to see if people love their mayors but think other cities have bad mayors, or if they vote for them because there aren’t any better options. Mayors are more important in big cities than they are in other areas because they have bigger problems and affect more people. We also don’t hear much about mayors in smaller communities.  In some areas, people don’t even know who their mayors are.

You covered a lot there to choose from.  

I belong to a neighborhood web site named Nextdoor (all over the world). It has messages about what is going on in your neighborhood.  It's helpful for recommendations on services, just about anything you'd like to know about everything there.  You might want to join.

There are often messages about the mayors.  

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

Nextdoor is a cesspool. So much fighting, I could never post there. But thank you, I will check to see if there is anything about the mayor.

I read it to get what is going on in our neighborhood.  We don't have much fighting.  I'm curious, what type of fighting?  Our police department posts there regularly with information about what their dept. does etc. Introduces employees etc.

We have regular reports on COVID, just a lot of different informational posts.  Sounds like ours is quite different than yours.

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

Argument about everything. Masks. Elections. Businesses.  You name it, someone can fight over it.

Oh wow, I wouldn't like that.  We don't have things like that.  Thank goodness.

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

There are some non controversial posts. I look for those.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Nov-26

And you can hide individual threads.

Yep, I scroll right on by.  I do have a book group on there & it's fun.  The members have recommended books, even movies to watch.  It's nice.