Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you going to shop on Covid Friday? (Black Friday)   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Nov-26 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 1625 views.
kizmet1

Nov-29

I went Saturday. No crowds. No waiting lines at the doors. Went to 3 stores. All was ok. Same sales as on Thanksgiving and Friday.
(Why do people always spend Thanksgiving buying socks for half price?) I got pants on clearance. I am running out of ones that fit.
  • Edited November 29, 2020 8:17 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Host

Nov-29

Socks? I never find them half price.

kizmet1

Nov-29

Fred Meyer is famous for it's sock sale. Brings people in.
Showtalk
Host

Nov-30

I need a Fred Meyer.

kizmet1

Nov-30

You don't have one or even Kroger? FM is like WM. Used to have much better quality clothes but switched things around and have a lot of junk made from synthetics.
  • Edited November 30, 2020 10:49 am  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Host

Nov-30

Kroger but they don’t sell things like that at a discount.

kizmet1

Nov-30

Odd. Must be due to being sold out to Kroger? Fred left the running to his stepson. He died and left it to a very smart man who had run a weekly talk show on tv. The board got together and fired him, reorganized the chain to make more money faster and quicker then then sold it and got very, very rich. The quality went down as the prices went up. On day after Thanksgiving we got free large sized donuts and coffee as we shopped when Fred and stepson were alive.Then it changed to free donut holes. Then cookies. Now, nothing.
  • Edited November 30, 2020 7:33 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Host

Nov-30

They all did that. My market used to give double coupons.  Now I’m lucky if I can even use one.

kizmet1

Nov-30

Most of the coupons and sales I see are for prepackaged junk food. I can do better at Costco.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-1

That’s true, but I would buy things other than food if they had decent coupons.